St. Paddy's Day Dinner, 3/17??
  Re: (...)
So, what's on the menu for today??

I'm going a completely different way this year for simplicity's sake. Beerox stuffed with cabbage and pastrami. It's raining around here and it's depressing and I'm just not in the mood to go all out today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: St. Paddy's Day Dinner, 3/17?? by cjs (So, what's on the me...)
As usual, he claims St Patrick's Day is a "Feast Day", not a "Fast Day", so we can eat the white stuff we gave up for Lent. (I really think he makes up these rules!!). So, I had white spaghetti for breakfast. For supper he wants French Fry sandwiches with gravy. Amazing how you crave white potatoes when you can't have them. I think dessert will be a Pineapple Upside down Cake (I'll give the rest to the Church tomorrow morning). Happy, happy campers today!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: St. Paddy's Day Dinner, 3/17?? by cjs (So, what's on the me...)
It is pretty gloomy out, we've got a rain/snow mix here.

For our St Patrick's day meal my wife is cooking Italian.
Penne pasta with pistachios, asparagus & cream. From Cuisine at Home, December 2004.
  Re: Re: St. Paddy's Day Dinner, 3/17?? by losblanos1 (It is pretty gloomy ...)
We're suppose to get that rain tomorrow, but for today, it's 73 and sunny. I just don't know how much more rain the ground can hold. My neighbor had a small pond in his yard.

Anyway, we're going pretty traditional here. Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots, with a loaf of my favorite "rheuben rye."

Lorraine, you are so funny! Enjoy your feast today. I tried doing "no white stuff" and it's very, very hard.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: St. Paddy's Day Dinner, 3/17?? by Mare749 (We're suppose to get...)
We are having corned beef and cabbage.
We are using the [Email]C@H[/Email] braising liquid on pg 42. Vol 92
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: St. Paddy's Day Dinner, 3/17?? by Mare749 (We're suppose to get...)
Quote:

my wife is cooking Italian.

A lady after my own heart! Maryann, I never, in my wildest dreams, thought giving up white stuff would be so hard.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: St. Paddy's Day Dinner, 3/17?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Pretty dreary and rainy here but I shouldn't complain - we've had a pretty mild winter even by California standards. I'd be a little nervous about mudslides though if I lived in that type of terrain.

Traditional here too - corned beef, cabbage, carrots, potatoes. Picking up some rye bread and saurkraut for sandwiches tomorrow.
  Re: Re: St. Paddy's Day Dinner, 3/17?? by Trixxee (Pretty dreary and ra...)
Loving the rain!

Traditional dinner as well, but my potatoes and carrots will be buttered and tossed with herbs. I'm actually doing 2 briskets one for dinner and snacks and the other just for Ruben's and to freeze some for sandwiches later.

Trixxie do you think since we've had so little rain the hillsides will be able to absorb most of the water?
  Re: Re: St. Paddy's Day Dinner, 3/17?? by DFen911 (Loving the rain! [br...)
Denise- it seems to me that would make sense but nature is so weird sometimes the very opposite could be true!

It is really coming down in buckets here. Is it really windy where you are? It is here.
  Re: Re: St. Paddy's Day Dinner, 3/17?? by DFen911 (Loving the rain! [br...)
Still workiing on some kitcen projects, and Jame doesn't like corned beef
I'm not for sure what we're having, hopefully I'll have some part of the countertop uncluttered by dinner time
Cis
Empress for Life