Review: Grape, Corn & Black Bean Salsa
  Re: (...)
Oh my, what a winner this one is - Trixxee found it on Noble Pig blog and I made it today to go with Red Rock Cod Fish Tacos - gotta say, we overate completely. Just one taco, but we couldn't stop nibbling on the fish and salsa.

I just made 1/2 the recipe, so my food processor didin't work, grabbed the coffee grinder and it worked perfectly to puree the onion/cilantro mix.

[Image: RedOnionCilantropuree.jpg]
* Exported from MasterCook *

Grape, Corn & Black Bean Salsa

2 pounds red seedless grapes -- each grape quartered (this is time consuming)
1 jalapeno -- seeded, deveined and diced
1/2 a medium red onion -- coarsely chopped
One whole bunch of cilantro
Juice of one lime
1 can black beans -- (15 ounce) rinsed
1 can corn -- (15 ounce) drained
3 Tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt

Quarter grapes and place them in a large bowl. Seed and devein jalapeno and dice into small pieces, add to grape bowl. Coarsely chop red onion and place in a food processor. Add a whole bunch of cilantro (minus the stems) to the food processor (or coffee grinder) as well. Pulse until you have a red onion-cilantro paste. You will have to scrape down the sides a couple of times. Add to grape-jalapeno mixture.

Add lime juice, beans, corn, vinegar and salt to grape mixture. Mix well.

Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Description:
"This would be really good in a fish taco but it's perfect with tortilla chips! Enjoy it."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Noble Pig NOTES : One of the recipes they shared was a version of this salsa. They said they went to a party one time and someone brought a salsa made with grapes, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice. They said they loved it and make it all the time.

[Image: GrapeBBandCornSalsa.jpg]

We had trouble staying out of it until the fish was ready

[Image: PuffyCodTacowithGrapeBBandCornSalsa.jpg]

I used a coating of flour, egg wash and branflakes/Parm coating on the fish.

I made puffy flour tortillas for the tacos and I've got to say these were just wonderful!!!

thanks you Trixxee for turning us onto to this.....I think.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review: Grape, Corn & Black Bean Salsa by cjs (Oh my, what a winner...)
Oh, that just looks/sounds spectacular! Thanks Jean for the picture and thank you, Trixxee for finding the recipe.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Review: Grape, Corn & Black Bean Salsa by Mare749 (Oh, that just looks/...)
Quote:

I made puffy flour tortillas

Did you make these from scratch? It looks, and sounds, great!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Review: Grape, Corn & Black Bean Salsa by cjs (Oh my, what a winner...)
Oh yeah, Noble Pig has been posting some interesting recipes.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Review: Grape, Corn & Black Bean Salsa by BarbaraS (Oh yeah, Noble Pig h...)
Oh yay - I'm so glad it all worked together! I swear, I would have never thought to use grapes in a salsa.

The tortilla looks really great. That is just the type of thing that could really get me in trouble. I have a problem with any and all bread products.
  Re: Re: Review: Grape, Corn & Black Bean Salsa by Trixxee (Oh yay - I'm so glad...)
Lorraine, I was torn between making my own puffy tortillas and using commercial - laziness won out today. Since there is no fat in the salsa or the oven-fried fish, I thought I could cheat enough to have these puffy goodies!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Grape, Corn & Black Bean Salsa by cjs (Lorraine, I was torn...)
This one is out there, but you've never steered me wrong, Jean.....well, rarely...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Grape, Corn & Black Bean Salsa by Gourmet_Mom (This one is out ther...)
Oh Daphne, the flavors of the salsa are so summery and fresh, we just loved it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Grape, Corn & Black Bean Salsa by cjs (Oh Daphne, the flavo...)
You know, this sounds easy enough and different. I might put something like this on the Easter buffet. Think that you could mix this up the day before, maybe minus the grapes?
  Re: Re: Review: Grape, Corn & Black Bean Salsa by iBcookin (You know, this sound...)
I'd think trying it a day ahead of time, Linda, even without the grapes it might get a little watery. Maybe prep all the day before (even the puree) and combine the next?

What'a great idea for an Easter buffet. We had the l/os last night with tortilla chips (as it was first mentioned to use for) and it was great.
www.achefsjourney.com