Jean, does this look familiar?
  Re: (...)
Some of us made this pizza last summer using your creole sauce recipe, three kinds of cheese, shrimp and green pepper rings. Do you happen to remember what three kinds of cheese you recommended? I'm guessing, parmesan, hot pepper cheese, and cheddar....? Here is a picture before baking:

[Image: July2011013.jpg]

And here it is after baking on the grill:

[Image: July2011014.jpg]

We loved this and I would like to make it again, but want to get the cheese right and anything else that might be missing. Now that I'm seeing this picture enlarged...is that Italian sausage on it too?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Jean, does this look familiar? by Mare749 (Some of us made this...)
Omg that looks so good!!
  Re: Re: Jean, does this look familiar? by DFen911 (Omg that looks so go...)
Maryann, I think I used just the shrimp, red peppers, cheddar and mozzarella cubes. I'll check my email and the forum this weekend. I want to think you were partial to pepper jack cheese at the time?

I'll check my notes and emails this weekend. What were we thinking?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Jean, does this look familiar? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, I think I u...)
I dunno, Daphne. How could I not save this in Mastercook???

The more I look at this, I'm thinking definately mozz, shredded parm, and...?
Maryann

Re: Re: Jean, does this look familiar? by Mare749 (I dunno, Daphne. [im...)
I've sent you an email, but here the whole thing is again - and yes, it's time to make it again!!!

CREOLE PIZZA AKA COON A$$ PIZZA

Creole Seasoning

Add creole seasoning to any dish that needs just a little punch to it. Stored in a jar in a dark pantry, the seasoning will last indefinitely.

3 Tablespoons Kosher salt 1 Tablespoon ground white pepper
3 Tablespoons granulated garlic 1/2 Tablespoon cayenne
2 Tablespoons paprika 1/2 Tablespoon dried thyme, crushed
2 Tablespoons granulated onion 1/2 Tablespoon dried basil
1 1/2 Tablespoons black pepper 1/2 Tablespoon dried oregano, crushed

Combine all the ingredients and store in a jar with a tight fitting lid.

Creole Sauce

This versatile sauce can be used to top grilled, baked or fried fish, a frittata, fish cakes, meatloaf or stuffed peppers – you will find so many uses for it.

2 14-oz. cans diced tomatoes 2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper 2 to 3 teaspoons Creole Seasoning (see above)
1/2 cup chopped onions 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chopped celery 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil

Process the two cans of tomatoes in a blender or food processor until finely chopped; set aside. In a medium saucepan, sauté the bell pepper, onion and celery in the oil over medium-low heat until softened, 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook for 2 more minutes. Add the tomatoes, Creole seasoning, parsley, oregano and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes more or to the consistency you prefer.

Garlic Roasted Shrimp

Using this method of roasting the shrimp with the garlic oil the shrimp are cooked in drizzled over the pizza is outstanding, but you can cook the shrimp any way you prefer, but don’t put raw shrimp on the pizza, it doesn’t bake long enough to completely cook the seafood.

1/2 lb. (about 7 or 8) shrimp (I recommend 14 shrimp per pound size – also known as U/15)
3 large cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 450°F. On a heavy baking sheet mix together the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper; add the cleaned shrimp and toss together gently.

Spread the shrimp in a single layer. Roast for 3 minutes, turn shrimp over and continue roasting until the shrimp are opaque and firm, another 2-3 min. (Be careful not to overcook the shrimp, they will be tough.) Transfer the shrimp to a bowl, scraping the bottom of the baking sheet to get all the wonderful garlic infused oil; set aside to top pizza.

Creole Seafood and Sausage Pizza

Any pizza dough will work with this pizza.

1 pizza dough round 4 oz. (3/4 cup) cooked sausage, medium or hot
1/3 cup Creole Sauce, see above 6 oz. can whole baby clams (if fresh are not available)
1/2 cup (2 oz. diced Provolone cheese 7 or 8 cooked shrimp, see above, cut in half lengthwise
1/2 cup (2 oz.) diced Pepper Jack Cheese 3 thinly sliced bell pepper rings
1/2 cup (2 oz.) diced Cheddar cheese 1/3 cup (1 1/2 oz.) grated Parmesan cheese
4 oz. (1 cup) diced Mozzarella cheese

Spread the dough with Creole sauce. Toss the provolone, jack and cheddar cheese together and top the sauce with 2/3 of the cheese (1 cup) and half the mozzarella cheese; followed by the sausage and clams. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese plus the Parmesan; arrange the shrimp over, cut side down, and lay the bell pepper rings over the top.

If you used the roasted garlic method for the shrimp, drizzle the garlic infused oil they were cooked in over the top of the pizza and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.

Bake at 450°F for 12 to 15 minutes until crust is nicely browned and toppings are bubbly.

--------------

Oh piddle, it was typed in another format - can you read this??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean, does this look familiar? by cjs (I've sent you an ema...)
I can read it, and thank you!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Jean, does this look familiar? by Lorraine (I can read it, and t...)
THANK YOU! I knew there was more to this pizza...Wow, four kinds of cheese and also forgot about the clams. I'll be making this tomorrow night!
Maryann

Re: Re: Jean, does this look familiar? by Mare749 (THANK YOU! I knew th...)
I already have everything I need to make this it's going on the menu for tonight can't wait
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Jean, does this look familiar? by farnfam (I already have every...)
You are going to love it, Cis!
Maryann

Re: Re: Jean, does this look familiar? by Mare749 (You are going to lov...)
Jean, didn't we use Italian Sausage for this? And do I use my steamed oysters for this or the raw ones. Gotta go look at how long my oysters will last in the fridge. I wasn't entirely happy with my Beinville, so I'm off to find a creamy, saucy topping.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.