T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all today?

The W.W. Sausage & Cabbage dish for 4 yesterday made enough for an army, so we'll have that for leftovers today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm thinking salmon, but a lot will depend on what looks good when I get to the store. The plan is salmon teriyaki, jasmine rice and asparagus or snow peas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Today is the "Corruption of Chad Day 4". I'm making an Italian Fattie - beef, Italian sausage, roasted peppers, red onion, mushrooms, and mozzarella - of course wrapped in bacon and smoked. I haven't made one in soooo long!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? by Harborwitch (Today is the "Corrup...)
Better be careful, Sharon. You might find yourself in charge of catering this year.

The fattie sounds pretty decadent! Can't wait to hear Chad's reaction.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? by Mare749 (Better be careful, S...)
Chicken Souvlaki Pita Sandwiches....for some unusual reason nothing under the sun sounds good to me today except this.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? by Trixxee (Chicken Souvlaki Pit...)
So Trixie what's in those?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? by farnfam (So Trixie what's in ...)
Cis - I don't really have an exact recipe that I follow but I marinate some boneless chicken breasts in EVOO, lemon juice, garlic, S&P, oregano. Either grill those or just saute them and then slice. Then I make a sauce with greek yogurt, grated or chopped zucchini, garlic, red wine vinegar, feta cheese and dill. Toss chicken with sauce. Then assemble a sandwich on pita bread and garnish it with tomato slices and thinly sliced red onion. You can also throw some sliced kalamata olives on there too!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? by Trixxee (Cis - I don't really...)
Well now, doesn't that sound interesting!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? by cjs (Well now, doesn't th...)
Here's a typical recipe with a photo. And now that I think about it I think I put some sliced pepperocinis on it last time.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-...001107169/
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? by Trixxee (Here's a typical rec...)
Steak night tonight, Grilled NY strip steaks with BĂ©arnaise sauce and a side of these funny looking long green things (Labs,thanks for the laugh).