1 large egg yolk
1/4 C finely chopped mint
2/3 C grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, divided
12-16 large zucchini squash blossoms
1/2 C plus 1T all purpose flour
3/4 C chilled seltzer water
Oil for frying
Your favorite marinara sauce

Stir together ricotta, yolk, mint,1/3C parmesan, and 1/8t each salt & pepper. Mix.
Open each blossom and clean, fill with about 2 t of filling, gently twisting end of blossom to enclose filling. You may have filling left over.
Whisk together flour, remaining parmesan, 1/4t salt and seltzer in a small bowl.
Heat oil in a heavy skillet to about 375. Dip half of blossoms in batter to coat and fry in oil, turning once, until golden, about 2 min total. Transfer with tongs to paper towels to drain. Repeat.

Season to tase with salt and pepper and serve with tomato sauce.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Squash Blossoms Stuffed With Ricotta by Old Bay (From 'Gourmet' Sept....)
Love squash blossoms! We haven't planted squash in our garden for a couple years now because they take up so much space, but I do miss the blossoms. Must remember to check for bees in them BEFORE bringing them in the house! Yikes!
  Re: Re: Squash Blossoms Stuffed With Ricotta by HomeCulinarian (Love squash blossoms...)
Blossoms seem like a long ways away from now
Cold, damp and gray here, where'd that nice weather go?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Squash Blossoms Stuffed With Ricotta by Old Bay (From 'Gourmet' Sept....)
I kept looking for them at the farmers market. None! Shoot!

We found them in CA at the farmers market - maybe this year.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Squash Blossoms Stuffed With Ricotta by Harborwitch (I kept looking for t...)
Thanks Bill - I seem to do the blossoms at least one time each summer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Squash Blossoms Stuffed With Ricotta by cjs (Thanks Bill - I seem...)
Have never seen them here or tasted one. So in Oregon I'm gonna grow my own and eat them all myself...unless anyone wants to come and enjoy with me
  Re: Re: Squash Blossoms Stuffed With Ricotta by DFen911 (Have never seen them...)
Quote:

Have never seen them here or tasted one. So in Oregon I'm gonna grow my own and eat them all myself...unless anyone wants to come and enjoy with me

At some point we'll be there!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Squash Blossoms Stuffed With Ricotta by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Heck, we'll probably be on your doorstep before you arrive!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com