Two New Toys!
  Re: (...)
As part of the kitchen project, I got a new convection oven and threw in a Circulan French Skillet (since I was getting free shipping)..
They both arrived today and I am so excited!!!! The pan looks very sturdy. Can't wait to try everything out.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Two New Toys! by farnfam (As part of the kitch...)
Cis, is the convection oven a counter top similar to what Bill has?? I know he loves his for making pizza when he can't use his wood burning oven.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Two New Toys! by cjs (Cis, is the convecti...)
I don't remember which Bill has, but this is the Caphalon XL. It's got some pretty cool bells and whistles. I had a basic Hamilton Beach one, which I loved. It was just time for an upgrade.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Two New Toys! by farnfam (I don't remember wh...)
Well, that is just so exciting! Please keep us posted on all the great things you are using the new oven for. Did you have anything specific in mind to use the french skillet for?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Two New Toys! by Mare749 (Well, that is just s...)
No, nothing specific . It's my only pan without "straight" sides. I bet it will be great for omelets and the like
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Two New Toys! by farnfam (No, nothing specific...)
Oh I need to get a counter oven too. Can't wait to hear your reviews!
  Re: Re: Two New Toys! by DFen911 (Oh I need to get a c...)
So far I'm loving it! The Calphalon XL works like a dream, it's all digital. It gets up to temp in a few minutes, chimes and you add the food it times it and shuts off when it's done. You can set the shade you'd like it to brown your biscuits, I kid you not
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Two New Toys! by farnfam (So far I'm loving it...)
gonna be hard to go back to the wood stove......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Two New Toys! by cjs (gonna be hard to go ...)
Maybe they're especially handy when it's summer and too hot to run a woodstove or even a bigger regular oven
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Two New Toys! by farnfam (Maybe [img]/ubbthrea...)
I can relate to that! A hot kitchen is not fun to cook in.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.