panini grill
  Re: (...)
So, the girls were asking me what I want for my birthday this year. They wanted to get me the new Kindle Fire, but I'm still happy with the one I have, so passed on that one. But, I've had a panini grill on the brain for several months now, and it's just not going away.

Right now, I do have a way to make panini's. I have a LeCreuset grill pan, so I just put the sandwich on that, then put another cast iron skillet on the top to weight it. It has to be watched closely, and when brown, the sandwich has to be flipped over, so the other side can get the grill marks. It works okay....

Then, there is the full size George Forman grill that I gave away to the kids because we never use it. I tried making panini's on it, but they just didn't really work out.

So, now I have it stuck in my head to get a panini grill. The LAST THING I REALLY NEED is another gadget, but you all know how it is. So, I would like opinions from anyone who has one or ever used one. I remember that Billy absolutely loved his, but don't remember what brand he had.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: panini grill by Mare749 (So, the girls were a...)
OH! That sounds fun !!!!! I bet you will love it, and think of other stuff you'll wind up using it for too. I don't remember what Billy got either, but the Cuisinart one looks pretty cool and I see that Caphalon has one and it looks awesome
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: panini grill by farnfam (OH! That sounds fun ...)
Well, I hate to be a wet blanket, but I paid thru the nose for a Napa Style pannini maker (Michael Chirello sp?) and to me, it's just a big clunker. It's so much easier to grab my cast iron griddle and a cast iron skillet and put them on the stove and just clean one pan. The pannini makers are like cleaning a waffle iron....but, then I'm lazy when it comes to cleaning those kind of things.

Others love them, so....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: panini grill by cjs (Well, I hate to be a...)
Tony bought me a Cuisinart Panini and Sandwich Press for Mother's Day about three years ago. Works great for the two of us - no complaints. Can't really beat the price at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-GR-1-Gri...4612&sr=8-4
  Re: Re: panini grill by Trixxee (Tony bought me a Cui...)
I love mine! The racks come out so I can clean them easily. I can even flip them over and open the press up completely and have a griddle. I can't remember the name off the top of my head but I will check when I get home.

I think the biggest asset is to have the grill trays be removable.
  Re: Re: panini grill by DFen911 (I love mine! The rac...)
We have the Batali grill. We like it a lot-- very heavy--not too hard to clean.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".