A gaggle of new cooking shows!
  Re: (...)
For those who follow Food Network and Cooking Channel, HERE is some information about a bunch of new shows that will be coming up, this year.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: A gaggle of new cooking shows! by labradors (For those who follow...)
Thanks Labs. I think we have enough "cupcake wars", and a little Sandra Lee goes a long way, but I know they have their fans. Some of the others look like they may be more about food than personalities--maybe a good year? Good info.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: A gaggle of new cooking shows! by Old Bay (Thanks Labs. I thin...)
"Meat Men" about a famous New York butcher, Pat LaFrieda, and his life in the meat business - this one sounds interesting. Thanks for posting, Labs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A gaggle of new cooking shows! by cjs ("Meat Men" about a f...)
The butcher man interests me also. Mo Rocca reminds me of Maryann Esposito, love the recipes, but their voices irritate the heck out of me. Thanks, Labs.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: A gaggle of new cooking shows! by Lorraine (The butcher man inte...)
I am so tired of the Diner, Drive-in and Dive Channel. Seems that is all the FoodNW shows anymore. And I agree abou the cup cake wars.
  Re: Re: A gaggle of new cooking shows! by DFen911 (I am so tired of the...)
For me, Cupcake Wars was old after two episodes. I still enjoy Chopped, though, and also Sweet Genius. Otherwise, as I've said many times before, the shows and people on the El Gourmet channel are MUCH better. Of course, the problem is that you guys probably don't have it on your cable systems and, even if you did, you'd have to know Spanish.
  Re: Re: A gaggle of new cooking shows! by labradors (For me, [i]Cupcake W...)
I'm not sure we made it through Cupcake wars once. We do like Sweet Genius, we've seen Mo Rocca's show, and a couple of the others. Sandra Lee makes me gag. Hook Line & Dinner is pretty good. JMHO - Cooking Channel had a lot of entertaining shows. I hope they don't flop this year.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A gaggle of new cooking shows! by Harborwitch (I'm not sure we made...)
To be honest, I had to drop CookingChannel. As for FoodNetwork, I watch on Saturday morning and Sunday night, but I don't get to see it more than that.....sadly.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A gaggle of new cooking shows! by Harborwitch (I'm not sure we made...)
Quote:

We do like Sweet Genius

Ron Ben-Israel reminds me of a James-Bond villain. LOL!
  Re: Re: A gaggle of new cooking shows! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

Ron Ben-Israel reminds me of a James-Bond villain. LOL!

Or a freaky looking Howie Mandel.