Saturday, What's for Dinner, 3/31??
  Re: (...)
O.K, this really is Saturday???? and the last day of the month, too. AND, we had some snow flurries yesterday in amongst the rain!!

So, what's on the menu for everyone today?

I have a half head of cabbage left, also a half a butternut squash...don't know what I'll do yet. May go look at Thursday again, I think that's the day everything looked so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday, What's for Dinner, 3/31?? by cjs (O.K, this really is ...)
Haven't done the filets with Port Wine sauce in a while, so that's what's for dinner.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday, What's for Dinner, 3/31?? by BarbaraS (Haven't done the fil...)
We're having baby back ribs with apple butter BBQ sauce, baked potatoes and a salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday, What's for Dinner, 3/31?? by Mare749 (We're having baby ba...)
Next time we do ribs, I'm doing that BBQ sauce!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday, What's for Dinner, 3/31?? by BarbaraS (Next time we do ribs...)
We are also having baby back ribs only with Sweet Baby Rays. Unless I decide to make the cherry cola glaze recipe. Au gratin potatoes and grilled zucchini.
  Re: Re: Saturday, What's for Dinner, 3/31?? by Trixxee (We are also having b...)
It's cold a drizzly here so far. I think stuffed cabbage cooked in kraut & tomato juice and cornbread on the side. Hopefully - today is a "training day" at the Pro Shop, I'll be helping Chad training another newbie.

If I wind up putting in 8 hours I'll just do something simple, fast, or give Bob directions. . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday, What's for Dinner, 3/31?? by Harborwitch (It's cold a drizzly ...)
It's raining cats and dogs here, I went outside and stepped in a poodle.

Tonight my wife is making Ginger Beef stir fry and we're also baking four different breads this weekend for my wife to take to work on Monday.

Cranberry walnut bread
Sweet potato pie bread <==== My favorite.
  Re: Re: Saturday, What's for Dinner, 3/31?? by losblanos1 (It's raining cats an...)
We are having three couples for dinner. Starters, shrimp with spicey mayo and garlic breadcrumbs, and Serrano Jamon with manchego, balsamic glaze, pears and grapes.
Tomato basil soup, Steak Diane, roasted asparagus with lemon panko, baked tomatoes, and gruyere garlic potato gratin. Irish coffee caramel mousse to finish.
Raptor Ridge Pinot Noir '08 from Willamette Valley with dinner.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday, What's for Dinner, 3/31?? by Old Bay (We are having three ...)
sounds like a wonderful dinner party, Bill!!

Blane, would you share 'your favorite' bread recipe - sounds very interesting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday, What's for Dinner, 3/31?? by cjs (sounds like a wonder...)
Quote:

sounds like a wonderful dinner party, Bill!!

Blane, would you share 'your favorite' bread recipe - sounds very interesting.

What she said!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!