Do you know where your pork butt is?
  Re: (...)
Well I do...it's midnight here and I just put on a nine pound AND and and 8 pound pork butt on my smoker...sleep oh how I crave thee. My alarm is set for 4AM for a wood chip test. Any takers for my back up alarm?
  Re: Do you know where your pork butt is? by DFen911 (Well I do...it's mid...)
Now, that's smoker's dedication, Denise - but, I'll bet it will be worth it!! Are you having a neighborhood party????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Do you know where your pork butt is? by cjs (Now, that's smoker's...)
We've got a nice corned brisket to go in the smoker - but the electric smoker can't be used in the rain....I going to do the rain rain go away dance, so we can fire 'er up!

I'll bet those pork butts are going to be incredible!

I offered to smoke a turkey breast for sandwiches down at the restaurant (Chad was interested and loved the smoked turkey). She told me that she and her husband don't like smoked meats so . . . . NO!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Do you know where your pork butt is? by Harborwitch (We've got a nice cor...)
No it's just for dinner tonight. But tomorrow there's a pot luck at the office so figured I'd treat them to some real smoked pork
  Re: Re: Do you know where your pork butt is? by DFen911 (No it's just for din...)
Ours is in the smoker!

Will be done at 7:30 - I hope. Did not stay up all night - we do a quicker method that we like. But still should have gotten it on an hour sooner.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Do you know where your pork butt is? by esgunn (Ours is in the smoke...)
Sounds like we're eating about the same time Erin I just put the poppers in so we'll get those in about 2 hours
  Re: Re: Do you know where your pork butt is? by DFen911 (Sounds like we're ea...)
Yes, I know where my pork butt is, it's just South of my pork belly.