Sunday Dinner, 4/1??
  Re: (...)
April's Fool Day!!! What's on the menu for today?

And, for real - we're having an old C@H recipe. Fried Noodoles with Ham, Scallions, and Cabbage. (Issue #50)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/1?? by cjs (April's Fool Day!!! ...)
Tony is going to his last Ducks hockey game of the season and leaving around 3:00 so I'm thinking grilled burgers around 2:00! However I don't have any ground beef on hand so someone has to go to the store to make this plan work.

Edited: no one wants to brave the store today so we'll switch the plan to grilled buffalo chicken sandwiches.
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/1?? by cjs (April's Fool Day!!! ...)
That sounds good Jean. I have everything but the ham - and noodoles. shoot. LOL

I have some stir-fry sauce from Trader Joes, maybe a stir fry with cabbage, noodles and chicken. Or a nice Asian chicken salad.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/1?? by Harborwitch (That sounds good Jea...)
I'm still channeling my inner Betty Crocker, today I'm baking:

Chocolate chip banana bread- This one is done.
Apple cheddar bacon bread
Cranberry pumpkin bread
Cheesecake fondue bites w/ red grape relish

Dinner will be Steak Rumaki with a brandy/vanilla sauce and asparagus for a side.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/1?? by losblanos1 (I'm still channeling...)
I have 2 pork butts in the smoker and a warm caesar potato salad will be the side dish. I had to add some water to the drip tray so got a sneak peek at them...oh they look and smell like a big piece of heaven.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/1?? by losblanos1 (I'm still channeling...)
I am making a version of eggplant parm in my new toy!! First take eggplant slices dipped in egg and breaded then place on baking sheet, spray with olive oil and "oven fry" with convection at setting 400 for @10 min per side. Layer in baking pan and for my filling I mixed ricotta with Gorgonzola and a spritz of lemon juice. Next layer of slices, top with sauce, and bake 350 for 20 min. It's going so fast and smells delish
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/1?? by farnfam (I am making a versio...)
Oh....Gorgonzola now that will perk my ears...or better yet taste buds
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/1?? by farnfam (I am making a versio...)
Cis, that sounds so good. I do a similar version with ricotta and ranch dressing mix, but have never tried it with Gorg. I'll bet that would be even better and wouldn't need the seasoning either.

Not sure what I'm taking to Heather's today for a cook-out. She said she has those jumbo hot dogs from Sam's Club, and she's making some kind of macaroni and veggie salad, as well as some baked beans. So, I might just run to the store and pick up a cheesecake, since I can't think of what to make.

Family game night. Does anyone play Mexican Train?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/1?? by Mare749 (Cis, that sounds so ...)
Some of our kids taught us to play one time years ago, but I sure don't remember much about it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/1?? by cjs (Some of our kids tau...)
Today would be a good day to make man dishes that look like desserts but really taste like main dishes and desserts that look like main dishes but really taste like desserts.

Reminds me that, one of these days, I'd like to try Sumito Estévez's Mundo al Revés (World Upside-Down). It's a deconstructed Caprese salad: Mozzarella ice cream topped with a little tomato jam, next to a crispy tomato chip and an olive-oil tuile served with demi sec laced with some basil syrup.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?