Veal Parm Dilemma
  Re: (...)
Hey All,

I bought some veal cutlets at Wegmans and they are thin, thin, thin. Bless their hearts, they always vacuum seal their meats and stuff. I want to make veal parm for Sunday, but given that the cutlets are thin enough already, how do I not over cook them when trying to get the mozzarella to melt?

My technique would be to bread them, flash fry them, then cover them with sauce and mozz slices to melt in the oven on high heat.

Should I save them for a sauce dish and go out and find thicker cutlets?

What's your technique for veal parm?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Veal Parm Dilemma by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]I bo...)
You might try this - have your skillet pretty hot and add your breaded cutlets; brown nicely on one side, turn over top with you mozz. and immediately stick in a preheated oven. You should be able to cook them thru without overcooking.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Veal Parm Dilemma by cjs (You might try this -...)
That sounds like a good plan, Jean. Sorry I couldn't help, Barbara. That's one of those dishes my mom cooked, but I haven't made it in years, although I do order it out once in a while. Let us know how it turned out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Veal Parm Dilemma by Mare749 (That sounds like a g...)
Maybe a mozzeralla cream sauce instead?