Restaurant Reccomendation in D.C.
  Re: (...)
Hey All,

We were planning on spending our 25th anniversary in Scotland, but anticipated layoffs at my company usurped those plans. So we decided to save up vacation for next year and take off 3 weeks for a good tour of Scotland, the U.K., and hopefully, Paris!

So this year we're going to Washington DC for a week for our anniversary. I really hate trying to go through the tourist websites searching for places to eat because you never know how biased they are. We're staying downtown at the Hilton Garden Top Hotel. Any recommendations for a really good, but not super fancy dress-up, restaurant we can spend our special night? And other recs for other dinner nights would be appreciated, too.

TIA.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Restaurant Reccomendation in D.C. by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]We w...)
I'll get right back to you with some ideas - with all of us giving you ideas, you're in for a tough choice.....................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Restaurant Reccomendation in D.C. by cjs (I'll get right back ...)
Oh I wish I could go see DC. My nephew just got back from there. Sorry can't recommend any restaurants since they mainly ate at Subway and Coffee Shops

Be sure to visit the underground Mall.
  Re: Re: Restaurant Reccomendation in D.C. by DFen911 (Oh I wish I could go...)
My 'experts' want to know which Hilton you're staying in in N.Y.

(Denise, did you and Laura have a good time together....sad, but good.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Restaurant Reccomendation in D.C. by cjs (My 'experts' want to...)
Yes we did Jean She just needed some 'mommy' time. I can't to go see her in Sweden in a year or so. Now here's hoping they want to move back to the states after 4 years!
  Re: Re: Restaurant Reccomendation in D.C. by cjs (My 'experts' want to...)
Quote:

My 'experts' want to know which Hilton you're staying in in N.Y.

Washington DC. The Downtown Hilton. It's two blocks from the White House.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Restaurant Reccomendation in D.C. by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, duh - you did say Washington D.C.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Restaurant Reccomendation in D.C. by cjs (Well, duh - you did ...)
Oh, Denise! I am so sorry you're going to have to endure the seperation! And we were worried Ashley would pick someone out of state! Out of country would be heartbreaking!

Barbara, it has been a while since I was there. I will say that we had a great meal at Union Station. I also got a FABULOUS wrap at at place in the basement of the station where there are dozens of "food stations". I do know that Georgetown has lots of renowned restaurants. Sadly, all that I remember.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Restaurant Reccomendation in D.C. by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Denise! I am so...)
Oh Denise - double conumdrum - you'll be retired, so you can travel over there; you'll be retired, so you won't be able to go over there.................

Back to you in a minute Barbara!!

Well, the folks I asked got side-tracked on a tangent of their own, but my friend June, whose opinion I trust replied, "June Jacobs had 2 great dinners in DC's Capitol Hill neighborhood last summer: best at Bistro Bis. Also enjoyed Art & Soul."

Hope these help. I'm envious - anxious to get back there.
www.achefsjourney.com