Meatball
  Re: (...)
I am helping cook in a international dinner Somehow I ended up
assigned to cook the meatballs - I would like to bake them instead of
frying. Would this make a big difference?
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Meatball by mjkcooking (I am helping cook in...)
Not at all -- I always bake mine, less messier than frying. I do mine for 30 minutes at 375.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Meatball by BarbaraS (Not at all -- I alwa...)
When I worked for a caterer, I learned two tricks about meatballs.

First, use a portion (i.e. "ice-cream") scoop of the desired size for fast, consistent meatballs that take a lot less time to form than doing messy hand rolling. When you drop the meatballs onto the baking sheet, DON'T worry if they seem a little loose, since they will firm up when cooked.

Second, DO crowd them together, since they don't really need ANY space between them and they'll separate easily after cooking.

This is SO much better than messy hands and spattering, low-capacity frying pans.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Meatball by BarbaraS (Not at all -- I alwa...)
I've been baking mine also, Marye - much healthier and much easier! So, what ethnic meatballs are you making????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meatball by cjs (I've been baking min...)
I bake mine also, the scoops work great, as does lining the pans with parchment. Easy cleanup.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Meatball by Lorraine (I bake mine also, th...)
We bake as well.
  Re: Re: Meatball by Trixxee (We bake as well....)

Thanks or info - I will bake them - I like the idea of the scoop for the meatball too.

Jean - the dinner will have Japanese, philippino, greek and italian and some
polish pergioes,

Should be a fun time. - I got assigned to the Italian meatball sandwiches

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.