A New Mustard
  Re: (...)
For me anyway. I was just watching Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives and he was at a sandwich shop. The chef pulled out this mustard for a sliced smoked pork sandwich, I think, that really got my attention. Anyway, I was intrigued by the mustard. The chef called it "caviar". I'm pretty sure this is it. Although it seemed his was even more grainier? It looked and sounded sooooo good! I also found a recipe for how to make it at home.

Have any of you tried this product?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: A New Mustard by Gourmet_Mom (For me anyway. I wa...)
Yes, we have had it, Daphne, but were split on our opinions. I loved it. Ron, not so much. He prefers a smooth mustard.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A New Mustard by Mare749 (Yes, we have had it,...)
I love making mustards - so does Labs!! This is on the list, that's for sure. We love grainy, the grainier th better.

I guess it's the mustard seeds that resemble 'caviar'??

Oh, and I have a couple little pkgs. of thinly sliced smoked 'mock tenderloin' in the freezer - bet the mustard would be delicious with this. Thanks Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A New Mustard by cjs (I love making mustar...)
I made this mustard when we were in ND. We loved it. Had to leave it with cousin Renae - no room.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A New Mustard by Harborwitch (I made this mustard ...)
So it's good, Sharon? I was torn between making and ordering.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A New Mustard by Gourmet_Mom (So it's good, Sharon...)
That DOES sound like a great mixture and it uses the right seeds (I can only get the black/brown here, not the white/yellow). The only thing about which I'm uncertain is the Extra Stout. I HAVE seen SOME Guinness here, but don't know about the Extra Stout. We'll see. Definitely would like to try this one.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: A New Mustard by labradors (That DOES sound like...)
Well.....Labs, I'd think about sending you some Extra Stout - but, it would probably explode before it reached you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A New Mustard by cjs (Well.....Labs, I'd t...)
ROTFL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: A New Mustard by Gourmet_Mom (So it's good, Sharon...)
I'd buy first - make sure you like it. Not everyone that tried it liked it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A New Mustard by Harborwitch (I'd buy first - make...)
I love it, I used to buy it in Toronto before I bought a mustard cookbook, then I made my own. He is like Ron, would much prefer smooth mustard. I can get it at specialty stores here, but I find it expensive. Sorry, Sharon, but I say if you have all the ingredients, make a 1/2 batch.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.