How are things in Guatemala?
  Re: (...)
Daphne,

Where in Guatemala did your mom go? Wonder if she felt the 5.1 earthquake there? Continuing prayers for the whole group.

HERE is the USGS information, and HERE is the article from our local newspaper (Spanish).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: How are things in Guatemala? by labradors (Daphne,[br][br]Where...)
She's in La Antigua area...not the island. Lots of volcanoes. They're even touring St. Maria de Jesus, the largest volcano. I need to check this out! I have no phone contact, except in an emergency. They ARE planning to have a Skype session at her church Wednesday night. And several members of her team have smart phones. Did I mention she's 79 (80 late June)? She will have stories to tell, I'm sure.

Should I be worried?

Okay,I checked the geography, and I''m pretty sure she was pretty far west of the earthquake. Her location is a couple hours west of Guatemala City.

BTW, I am interested to hear about her final lunch there. Her schedule say's Paulino's? My research indicates this is a rare treat of high end authentic local cuisine?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: How are things in Guatemala? by Gourmet_Mom (She's in La Antigua ...)
She's way west of the quake. May have felt SOMEthing, but not in any danger from it.

Don't know Paulino's. Sounds like a restaurant. I haven't been to that part of Guatemala, so I wouldn't know the restaurants (other than the obvious chicken chain: Camperos).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?