T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 4/27???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?
(Happy T.G.I.F. Daphne - 5 more to go?)

We're having Broccoli in light cheese sauce over baked potato.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 4/27??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
YES!!!!!!! Thanks, Jean! As planned, I'm taking advantage of my leave time that I will loose when I retire. I have house guests arriving later this evening, so I'm preparing today which will leave me free tomorrow when the weather is supposed to be great!

I'm doing my usual steak night. My guests won't be here for meals, so no stress there.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 4/27??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That sounds good, Jean. This will be day 3 of hard core cleaning the winery's kitchen. (although we are not the only caterers to use the kitchen, we seem to be the only ones that clean it). I don't have anything fast to cook when we get home, so it may be Chinese take out.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 4/27??? by Lorraine (That sounds good, Je...)
Steph has her last gymnastics meet tomorrow - State for level 5 girls. We have to be up in Bellevue (45. Min) by 7:45 am. Tonight the kids practice until 6:00 then I have to do Stephs hair. I think it will just be corn dogs and fries. Then off to bed.

The worse part is we have to be back at the gym for awards after the last session - 9:00 or 10:00 Pm! Ugh.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 4/27??? by Lorraine (That sounds good, Je...)
Love the baked potato idea. I got all excited yesterday because Michael made twice baked potatoes in his 7th grade Home Ec class and he said he liked it. When I said great - we can make them this weekend he told me the truth. He ate it but he didn't like it. Darn, thought I found a new thing for him.

We had a last minute change in plans last night so I didn't get to make my "greek'ish" chicken and orzo so I'm making it tonight.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 4/27??? by Trixxee (Love the baked potat...)
Erin - I'm exhausted just reading that! Good luck to your daughter though!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 4/27??? by esgunn (Steph has her last g...)
Sounds like a hectic schedule, Erin. Fingers crossed for Stephanie!

I keep changing my mind what's for dinner, but now that the sun is shining and it's not too cold, I think we will grill some pork steaks. I have a "homemade" seasoning that I brought home from Barbados. It's not as hot as the jerk seasoning, but very flavorful. It's kind of a paste and is in a heavy foil type bag with a zip-lock top so you can just use a little bit at a time.

So, I'm thinking of rubbing some on the pork before grilling and also putting a spoonful in some rice, as was suggested when I purchased it. Fresh steamed broccoli on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 4/27??? by Mare749 (Sounds like a hectic...)
Whew....Erin Good Luck to Stephanie!!!!!!

Bad Michael getting you excited about a new dish for him!!

another day where things are sounding mighty good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 4/27??? by cjs (Whew....Erin [img]/u...)
Tonight it's surf & turf. Beef tenderloin/lobster skewers with a butter-tomato-tarragon-lemon sauce (sauce Choron) and fresh steamed asparagus as a side.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 4/27??? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's surf & ...)
Good luck to Stephanie...and to you Erin, for all of that driving at both ends of the day!

Sorry to whine here. Just stop reading if you don't want to hear it!

I've been a completely uninspired cook this week...we're unhappy with the contractor who is finishing our basement but too far in financially to blow him off (darn pre-construction deposit!) so, between that and working at the Jewish Day School, I'm not very creative. We're having bread, cheeses, salami, and (probably too much) wine. I'll be in bed early....