RootBeer - Need Some Ideas
  Re: (...)
Tad of background - our neighbor has just opened the neatest shop in town. Beer & Wine making supplies and cheese making supplies and kits. When Roy told him he was making a cheese press for me, Joe thought that would be great to offer in his shop. So, Roy just called on his quest for a container to build the press to fit.

Rootbeer bottles are exactly what he wants - so I'm going to have 32 oz. of rootbeer to do something with. I just braised some ribs in it a couple weeks ago, so really looking for something else.

I can google - but if anyone has a T & T idea, I would love to hear about it. Thanks.

EDITED TO ADD: I misunderstood Roy on the size - I now have 135.20 oz. of Rootbeer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RootBeer - Need Some Ideas by cjs (Tad of background - ...)
Mix together one 14-ounce can of condensed milk per 24 fluid ounces of root beer and run it through your ice-cream maker.

Haven't done this in ages. It's pretty good, although my preferences are for creamier ice cream. I HAVE seen a couple more=typical ice-cream recipes for root beer, but they called for just the concentrate/extract - not already-drinkable root beer.

Either way, you don't have to use ALL of the root beer you have, so you could make just a small batch of this as the "sorbet" for a meal.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: RootBeer - Need Some Ideas by labradors (Mix together one 14-...)
I hate root beer, so I'll be no help. Although, there was a really good BBQ sauce a while back. I remember that I was reluctant until Erin, I think, told be it was not that strong of a flavor in the sauce. Good luck!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: RootBeer - Need Some Ideas by Gourmet_Mom (I hate root beer, so...)
That's what I made, Daphne and it is wonderful!!

Thanks Labs - I'll make that first thing in the a.m. I was thinking of ice cream/sorbet a few minutes ago and you came thru!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: RootBeer - Need Some Ideas by cjs (That's what I made, ...)
My Michael would simply suggest root beer floats. He had one today. Diet root beer, low fat ice cream.
  Re: Re: RootBeer - Need Some Ideas by Trixxee (My Michael would sim...)
That's funny, first thing Roy said when he came home with the Root Beer - why didn't I buy ice cream??????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: RootBeer - Need Some Ideas by cjs (That's funny, first ...)
Seems to me I read somewhere about a rootbeer reduction that was used as a ham glaze.
  Re: Re: RootBeer - Need Some Ideas by iBcookin (Seems to me I read s...)
Oh yes, reductions are fun!!! thanks all.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: RootBeer - Need Some Ideas by cjs (Oh yes, reductions a...)
Gosh I am no help at all. I drink it on very rare occasions I drink it, and never will it touch ice-cream!