OT my sad little rant :(
  Re: (...)
I want to explain how I was feeling and I didn't want to ruin Maryann's beautiful birthday recipe reviews
Jamie is taking the boys and a good friend on a weekend camping &fishing expedition
I was looking forward to having Casey and the babies spend the weekend with me and had planned a beautiful Cinco de Mayo dinner with some of her favorite foods including the shrimp enchiladasThen
the twins came down with that hand foot and mouth disease that seems to be sweeping thru Ohio. We thought they may be recovered enough to travel down with them on Wednesday but now Casey notices the blisters developing on her leg and so all my plans are crushedSad
The boys are still planning to go with Jim on the trip but I guess I will be eating that Cinco de Mayo dinner all alone
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: OT my sad little rant :( by farnfam (I want to explain ho...)
Oh my, that just stinks, Cis. Any chance you could still make a dish or two and get together with one of your girlfriends? I know, it's not the same...maybe you will just have to put off the whole thing until the kids do make it up to visit.

As it turns out, we won't be doing our Cinco de Mayo party on Saturday after all. It was just getting all too complicated with company coming, so we're just going to pick another day so we can still have it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT my sad little rant :( by Mare749 (Oh my, that just sti...)
Thanks Maryann. Yes I do have a girlfriend and her husband who may be able to stop by depending on his work schedule. Still as you said, not the same
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: OT my sad little rant :( by Mare749 (Oh my, that just sti...)
Have never heard of this for humans. When you travel between countries, they always ask if you were on a farm recently because they are trying to prevent the spread of foot-and-mouth disease among cattle, but I'm sure whatever the kids had was not the same thing since they say it's rare for that one to transmit to humans.

I do hope they (and, for having to look after them, you) will feel better soon.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT my sad little rant :( by labradors (Have never heard of ...)
I'm so sorry - I can hear the disappointment in your words.

I've been very leary of public swimming pools since our incident. I would bet money that's where my son contracted it. It was in the summertime and he wasn't in school.
  Re: Re: OT my sad little rant :( by Trixxee (I'm so sorry - I can...)
What a letdown! I hope you have a 'feliz cinco de mayo', despite the setback in your plans.
  Re: Re: OT my sad little rant :( by losblanos1 (What a letdown! I ho...)
Oh, Cis. I am so sorry. I know how you were looking forward to their visit. I know what a disappointment this is. >>>>>>>HUGS<<<<<<<<
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT my sad little rant :( by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Cis. I am so so...)
That is not fair! First and foremost I hope for a very quick recovery for everyone!!

So cook up all that wonderful food, lay out a spread and indulge! Then rent all those wonderful sappy movies we love to watch but our hubby's don't want to watch and enjoy.

**hugs!!**
  Re: Re: OT my sad little rant :( by DFen911 (That is not fair! [i...)
(Don't forget about the Derby, too)!
  Re: Re: OT my sad little rant :( by DFen911 (That is not fair! [i...)
Thianks for the hugs and well wishes everyone, it really does feel better to get it off my chest
Cis
Empress for Life