What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're doing a Costco run, so will probably stop for a quick sandwich and glass of wine at Applebee's. And ruin our dinners.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I believe we are having the last of the leftover chicken. I'm going to make it into a chicken pot pie
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? by farnfam (I believe we are hav...)
It's either this delicious looking dish, or tortilla crusted tilapia with a creamy avocado cilantro dipping sauce. What we don't have today we will probably have tomorrow.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/every...cipe/index.html
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? by Trixxee (It's either this del...)
I have a pork loin to roast. Haven't decided on a glaze yet. Will have to look through some old issues. Any ideas?

I'm thinking maybe roasted sweet potatoes and Asian slaw to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? by Mare749 (I have a pork loin t...)
I've been cooking recipes out of the new Fresh & Fabulous Vol 2 cookbook all week, tonight is the last one from that issue for awhile.

Chicken Pomodoro with sides of Garlic spaghetti and Asparagus.

So far, I've not been blown away by any of them.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? by losblanos1 (I've been cooking re...)
I just picked up a C@H book at Costco that I don't think I've heard of before -

Cuisine tonight Grilling and you flip it over to Sandwiches and Salads. I didn't have time to go thru it, so I'm hoping it's not just a rehash of previous books...... we'll see.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? by cjs (I just picked up a [...)
Jean, is the picture on the cover the five-spice glazed chicken?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? by losblanos1 (Jean, is the picture...)
I made a version of the Chicken Pomodoro the other night. Cutlets, cheese ravioli, and the sauce. I didn't have Vodka, so used wine. We thought is was good. Quick for sure and the kids liked it. The sauce worked well with the cheese ravioli.

Tonight is Sausage and Beans in the crock pot. An easy favorite around this house.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? by losblanos1 (I've been cooking re...)
Quote:

I've been cooking recipes out of the new Fresh & Fabulous Vol 2 cookbook all week, tonight is the last one from that issue for awhile.

Chicken Pomodoro with sides of Garlic spaghetti and Asparagus.

So far, I've not been blown away by any of them.

I, for one, really appreciate your honesty, Blane. I purchased two of the previous "Lite" books: "Cuisine Lite 30 Minute Menus" which has some pretty good recipes. But, the other one, "Cuisine Lite Fresh & Fabulous" (it must be book 1) I'm not that crazy about.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I agree, Maryann!

We're having spaghetti....Will's home and doing the cooking!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.