Thursday, What's for Dinner, 5/17??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

Another running around day, so will take some tuna sandwiches with us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner, 5/17?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I think I'm going to do Chicken Francese, mostly because it's the only thing I can think of to make that doesn't involve stopping at the grocery store.
  Re: Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner, 5/17?? by karyn (I think I'm going to...)
We're doing Jolene's birthday dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner, 5/17?? by Mare749 (We're doing Jolene's...)
It's Open House tonight at school so I need something relatively easy. I'm taking my mom out for lunch today - may go Chinese. If we do, I might just take out some house fried rice and then top it with a fried egg for dinner.
  Re: Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner, 5/17?? by Trixxee (It's Open House toni...)
Take out on the road. Heading to SF for Laura's graduation!!
  Re: Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner, 5/17?? by DFen911 (Take out on the road...)
Congratulations, Denise, Derek, and Laura! Take tissue! I forgot...luckily, my mom ALWAYS has tissue!

William has Bible study and will be home late. I was going to do French Dip Sandwiches with chips, but the stupid store deli quit carrying roast beef! REALLY? I have a bunch of hotdog buns left from the party and I remembered how good the sausage dogs were that we fixed a few weeks back with store made sausage, so I'm going with that.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner, 5/17?? by Gourmet_Mom (Congratulations, Den...)
Safe travels, Denise, and congratulations to Laura! Hugs all around!

Well, I don't want to spoil the review, but the prep for Jolene's birthday dinner menu is fairly easy and can be done ahead of time.....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner, 5/17?? by Mare749 (Safe travels, Denise...)
I moved steak to tonight- Filets Mignon with BĂ©arnaise sauce and a side of asparagus.

What kind of deli doesn't carry roast beef? I know, A CRAPPY ONE!!
  Re: Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner, 5/17?? by losblanos1 (I moved steak to ton...)
Seriously! They had plenty of chicken feet, hog jowls, etc. though!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner, 5/17?? by Gourmet_Mom (Seriously! They had...)
Daphne, why didn't you mention the hog jowls earlier? You could have made hog jowl dips!