What's for dinner, Thurs., 5/24??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

I have lists to peruse before deciding.... I'm going to make a couple of breads also today, a focaccia and something else.

The guys are building Hank a doghouse, so I'll be playing alone in the kitchen.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for dinner, Thurs., 5/24?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I bought a couple of thin cut rib-eyes yesterday (50% off sale) and I can't really think of anything else to make so I will look to Noble Pig for this really good recipe that many of us tried last year.

http://noblepig.com/2011/05/20/vietnames...-lime.aspx
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Thurs., 5/24?? by Trixxee (I bought a couple of...)
OMG, Hubby actually liked that recipe, and he is not fond of Asian food. But today is his birthday so he's getting his birthday dinner - Macs 'n Cheese with hot dogs. I'm making him a 3-layer chocolate cake, too.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Thurs., 5/24?? by Trixxee (I bought a couple of...)
That was a good one, Trixxee. Might just be what's for dinner here, too. Glad you brought it up.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Thurs., 5/24?? by Mare749 (That was a good one,...)
And don't forget the Tangy-Sweet Plum-Spiced Chicken recipe. He liked that one, too. I'll have to do that one next week.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Thurs., 5/24?? by BarbaraS (And don't forget the...)
That was another winner, Barbara.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Thurs., 5/24?? by Trixxee (That was another win...)
After the discussion about the coconut marinaded chicken kebobs, I'm going to cook those tonight and follow some of the thoughts/ideas that you all had. I'll marinade for 15 minutes (instead of 1 hour+) and I'll only baste a couple of times.
I'm hoping for non-chalky charred chicken chunks.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Thurs., 5/24?? by losblanos1 (After the discussion...)
Hope you will let us know, Blane. I'm going to try the recipe with coconut water next time. I figure it will give the same flavor without the chalky taste.

Well, I finally settled on hamburgers and Greek chopped salad tonight. I made Fincher's pretzel buns. Boy, are they yummy!

ETA: I can't wait to see what Daphne is making for dinner. Her hubbie has to be craving Kim's Spicy Chicken.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Thurs., 5/24?? by Mare749 (Hope you will let us...)
Maryann - have you ever tried coconut water? I recently tried some (for the health benefits) and it tastes like sweat to me. I don't know if it was the brand I tried or what but it was awful. Tasted nothing like coconut.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Thurs., 5/24?? by Trixxee (Maryann - have you e...)
We're having Erin's Pasta Cobb Salad. Williams's request. I think I I finally have everything this time....LOL!

I can't remember if I tried that beef dish. I'll have to check that out.

Blane, definitely share your results!

It seems I made it and loved it. Angus rib eyes go on sale next week. Looks like this is going on the menu one night! Thanks for the reminder, Trixxee!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.