Favorite Grilled Salmon Recipes?
  Re: (...)
Tony thinks he doesn't like or is sick of grilled salmon (even though we haven't had it for months) but would like to make some this weekend.

Any suggestions that might win him over?
  Re: Favorite Grilled Salmon Recipes? by Trixxee (Tony thinks he doesn...)
Trixxee, this is a recipe from one of my books and an old family favorite way to do salmon - Wednesday night I gave this recipe to a couple who don't particularly like salmon but someone had given them some. They called the next morning and said it was the best salmon they'd every tasted and they ate it all!!

Now, what he did was he had already 'aged' his salmon with fresh hatch cilies laid over the fillets, so I told him to skip the tarragon and just use the brown sugar and lemon (or lime). You can also change up different herbs with it in place of tarragon - basil, celery leaves, chives, cilantro, dill, marjoram. So many herbs compliment salmon.

Hope you find a method Tony likes!!

Tarragon-Brown Sugar Salmon

3 lbs. salmon fillet, preferably with skin on
1/2 a lemon
2 T. brown sugar, packed
1 T. chopped fresh tarragon

Rinse the fish and pat dry. Lay fillet, skin down, on a double thickness of foil which has been oiled. Ream juice from the lemon half and brush over fish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and tarragon leaves.

Fold over the edges of the foil so it makes a little ‘pan’ and grill for approximately 10 minutes or until it reaches the internal temperature of 140°F. Don't go past 140°. Let rest 5 minutes. Oven roasting method: Roast in a 425°F. oven for approximately 18 minutes or until internal temperature of 140°F is reached. Let rest 5 minutes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Favorite Grilled Salmon Recipes? by cjs (Trixxee, this is a r...)
Well that certainly sounds doable! Thanks Jean!
  Re: Re: Favorite Grilled Salmon Recipes? by Trixxee (Well that certainly ...)
You're welcome.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Favorite Grilled Salmon Recipes? by cjs (You're welcome....)
There's a C@H recipe that you make a sauce with orange marmalade that's really good. I don't think the fish is grilled, but I think you could make work....just grill the fish, make the sauce and roll the fish in the sauce after or just pour over. It's really tasty! Let me know if you're interested.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Favorite Grilled Salmon Recipes? by Gourmet_Mom (There's a [url=mailt...)
Grilled Salmon w/ Pernod spinach sauce.
  Re: Re: Favorite Grilled Salmon Recipes? by losblanos1 (Grilled Salmon w/ Pe...)
The C@H Zesty Salmon Burgers is my favorite salmon recipe

2 tablespoons scallion, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon minced orange zest
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
6-8 oz skinless salmon fillet cubed
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
1/2 teaspoon minced chipotle in adobo sauce or hot pepper sauce
romaine lettuce leaves
2 whole wheat English muffins, toasted
red onion slices (optional)

Preheat broiler with oven rack 6-8 inches from heating element. Line bottom of a broiler pan with foil. Coat top pan with nonstick spray.

2. Combine scallions, orange juice, zest, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. Add salmon cubes. Pulse until salmon is coarsly ground, scraping sides of processor as needed. Salmon mixture will be loose. Place salmon mixture on a small sheet of waxed paper. Divide salmon mixture to form 2 patties.

3. Flip patties onto the prepared broiler pan. Broil 10-12 minutes, turning once.

4. Stir together mayonnaise, cilantro and chipotle in bowl.

5. Divide lettuce leaves between two muffin halves. Top each with a salmon burger and about 1 T. chipotle mayo. Add onion if desired. Top each salmon burger with remaining muffin half.

The mixture is very loose so I grill them on foil.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!