Bill and Jane
  Re: (...)
Well....not sure where to even begin. We were suppose to get together on Sunday but I was feeling very sick. I was so upset because I thought my opportunity was lost. Enter Monday..I had to be at work at 6:30am to install some new servers and computers. I got done early so sent a text to Bill to see if they were available and bless their hearts they said Yes!

So Derek and I were off to San Diego where we picked them up at their hotel. We took them to Seaport Village, but rather walk around shop (not real conducive to talking) Bill suggested a Wine Break. GREAT suggestion 4.5 hours later we are still laughing and chatting.

They are just THE warmest and most friendly folks you'll meet. Jane is a kick in the pants my gosh I just adore that woman

Then we found out that both Derek and Bill sang in Barbershop as baritones. We are so looking forward to taking a trip to Texas and spend some quality time with them. Come on retirement

Jean...you and Roy want to pull that new fancy rig of yours and join us?
  Re: Bill and Jane by DFen911 (Well....not sure whe...)
Let me put some diesel in the truck and we're ready!!

Bill & Jane have become family to us - and since you and Derek have now seen both, you know why Roy and Bill call each other 'Bro' - they look so much alike!! And Jane, what more can be said than she is one hellava genteel southern lass with a bawdy sense of humor!! And the kids ain't too shabby either!!

And, next on the roster.... Laura!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bill and Jane by cjs (Let me put some dies...)
I still say Laura needs to fly into S. Calif and THEN go up north
  Re: Re: Bill and Jane by DFen911 (I still say Laura ne...)
I know! Jane was the biggest surprise for me! Love them both!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bill and Jane by Gourmet_Mom (I know! Jane was th...)
Woe is me, shall I ever meet any of you in person?
Well we LOVED Maryann and Ron
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Bill and Jane by farnfam (Woe is me, shall I e...)
William has been bugging me about what I plan for my retirement. I just told him traveling to see old friends and new will be at the top of my list.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bill and Jane by Gourmet_Mom (William has been bug...)
Um...Cis as soon as we are retired we are tripping and so you for sure expect guests
  Re: Bill and Jane by DFen911 (Well....not sure whe...)
OK, we just finished our last day in San Diego--the only thing San Francisco has on it is that bridge--SD is clean, full of good foods (fish tacos, halibut,etc),wonderful climate, beautiful---but the best thing was meeting Denise and Derek--great people!!! I kept telling Jane to stop dominating the conversation and Denise kept telling me to shut up!! The hours went by too fast--we went thru two waiters (shift change), bloody marys, Long Island Tea, wine, martinis, raw oysters, she crab soup, caesar salad, mahi mahi (sp?), fish tacos, salmon---??? We have loved everyone we have met in our little family--we even talked about Billy, and were all forunate enough to have known him. Thanks Denise for feeling better--you and Derek made our time really special!! Denise, I knew Jane would like you--you're a hoot!! Derek is so compatable and smart--and a baritone!! Hell--everybody come to Texas--I've got a Pizza oven!!! Jean, Roy, Daphne, William, Denise, Derek, and everybody else---see all of you soon!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Bill and Jane by farnfam (Woe is me, shall I e...)
Quote:

Woe is me, shall I ever meet any of you in person?
Well we LOVED Maryann and Ron

Thanks Cis, we love you, too! I think what fascinates me the most is how well acquainted we are from chatting on the forum. Each time I've met one of you, we immediately start talking a mile a minute like we've known each other all our lives!

I have to admit that Ron was surprised by this the first time we met Daphne and William in Myrtle Beach at Joe's Crab Shack. William was sitting at a table all by himself, and we recognized each other right away.(from pictures) When Daphne joined us, we were already chatting up a storm like long lost relatives. Ron was amazed.

Anyway, so glad you all had such a great time together. And Bill, that is so nice of you to extend your invitation. Once Ron is retired (4 more years ) we will be RV'ing our way across the country and hope to meet all of you!

Tell Jane we would all love to see her on the forum, too!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Bill and Jane by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Sounds like a fantastic San Diego trip! And they do have the Coronado Bridge! Scares me to death. LOL.