Memorial Day Dinner Review
  Re: (...)
When I chose this as the Memorial day dinner review, I wanted something easy, but I was concerned that it was too easy. My concerns were unfounded. This was delicious! It certainly was a Dagwood Bumstead Club Sandwich. It could have fed four people.

[Image: Mexicanclubsandwich3.jpg]

The Banana Enchilada was really tasty as well. The minted strawberries put it over the top for me. It was a little more work to make than I thought, but worth it.

[Image: BananaEnchilada1.jpg]
  Re: Memorial Day Dinner Review by losblanos1 (When I chose this as...)
We loved this sandwich and I'm sure glad Don was here to help us eat it - it was really filling. Easy to put together, but messy as h*ll to eat.

[Image: MexicanClubSandwichMay23.jpg]

I'll do this again, but make less filling and use 2 tortillas.

I had made the Banana Enchiladas 3 or 4 times in 2006 - and we made it for a Cinco de Mayo dinner review one year. We loved them. So didn't make them this time.

Great choice for a dinner, Blane!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Dinner Review by cjs (We loved this sandwi...)
Absolutely loved this sandwich! I will definitely be making this again.

Now if I knew how to post pictures here I would. Anyone care to walk me through the steps? I can post pictures on FB with my eyes closed but not sure how to do it here.
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Dinner Review by Trixxee (Absolutely loved thi...)
This is a delicious sandwich, but as others have stated, very filling. The flavors all went great together. As Jean mentioned, I think the next time I make this, it will be with only 2 tortillas and less filling.

I grilled a chicken breast, then sliced it thin. It made for a tasty sandwich. And the guacamole was delicious. I don't think I'll ever buy guac ready made again.

As for the dessert, sorry Blane, I didn't make it. We don't eat desserts very often, but it did sound very good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Dinner Review by Mare749 (This is a delicious ...)
Good flavors and plenty of sandwich. Really glad we tried it, but it didn't WOW us. Still an excellent choice and thank you Blane for making the menu. Like Jean, we'd done the Banana Enchiladas before and they are such a treat!

So nice to be doing our online dinners again
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Dinner Review by farnfam (Good flavors and ple...)
Thank you everyone. It was fun. I guess it's my turn to pick again soon, my B'day is in July.

Quote:

Now if I knew how to post pictures here I would. Anyone care to walk me through the steps? I can post pictures on FB with my eyes closed but not sure how to do it here.

Trixxee, do you have a Photobucket account? It's free and easy. I opened one up just so I could post pictures here.
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Dinner Review by losblanos1 (Thank you everyone. ...)
Trixxee, you've asked before and I always hope someone will do the honors, I'm so bad at telling someone how to do something on a computer. I would have loved to help, but....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Dinner Review by cjs (Trixxee, you've aske...)
Trixxee, read this link on how to upload pictures.
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...at=0#image
This is why I use Photobucket as my Web Server for pictures. It is really easy.
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Dinner Review by losblanos1 (Trixxee, read this l...)
Thanks Blane - will look into it!