What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/2?? (maybe Sat?)
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

For us, we'll have Nobu-Style Marinated Red Snapper (usually use halibut), broccoli and side to be determined. The other meal will be Beef Yakitori Skewers and a green salad.

Jolene, the Nobo-style recipe is from my pantry book (to be out soon, I hope!). Would love any feedback if you try it. I use it on halibut, snapper, or any white fish.

Nobu-Style Marinated Hailibut

4 portions halibut (5 oz. each), patted dry
1/4 cup Sake (can use vermouth or a Riesling)
1/4 cup mirin
1/4 cup white miso
1 1/2 - 2 T. granulated sugar

Combine the sake, mirin, miso and sugar; whisk until miso and sugar are dissolved. Place the halibut portions in a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over. Seal the bag; place on a plate and refrigerate for about 4 hours, turning every hour or so.

Turn grill on high heat. When ready, remove the fillets from the marinade and place on grill; grill, covered, for 4 minutes on just one side. Have ready near the grill, a double thickness of foil which has been oiled or sprayed with cooking spray. With a spatula, remove the fillets from the grill and place on the foil, grilled side up. Fold over the edges of the foil so it makes a little ‘pan.’ With the spatula, lift the salmon ‘pan’ onto the grill and continue grilling, covered, for 4 more minutes.

Check the internal temperature and if it has reached 140° F. remove from grill. If you don’t have an instant read thermometer, gently cut into the center of the fish and if the fish is no longer opaque, it is done. Makes 4 portions.

------

Will report on how the Skewers turn out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/2?? (maybe Sat?) by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That looks good Jean. Would red miso work?

My wife is making the bolognese sauce that Erin brought up on Tuesday.

(It's Saturday Jean.)
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/2?? by losblanos1 (That looks good Jean...)
Dinner hasn't been determined just yet. I just received Cuisine Grilling yesterday and want to make every dish in it!

More later...

ETA: I have used Jean's recipe for Nobu-Style fish many times and it's delicious.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/2?? by Mare749 (Dinner hasn't been d...)
Had lots of leftovers from the pulled pork sandwiches so we will go with that! I feel like I've been doing a lot of cooking this week (and all new stuff which is fun) but it'll be nice to have a little break today.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 6/2?? by Trixxee (Had lots of leftover...)
So, what's your point, Blane???

don't see why red wouldn't work. for such an simple recipe, I'm always amazed at the flavor to this diah. Glad you like it also, Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/2?? by cjs (So, what's your poin...)
Mercy! I thought I had seen a dinner thread for today! But I couldn't find it until now....LOL! No wonder!

William picked up a whole rib eye on sale yesterday and decided not to cut into it last night with the guys at the camp, so he wants it tonight....GEEZE! I guess Ican force myself to eat steak two nights in a row...LOL! The veggies are starting to come off, so we'll have the summer's first grilled squash and zucchini as sides and more garden fresh salad. The lettuce is coming off fast and furious!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/2?? by Gourmet_Mom (Mercy! I thought I ...)
Gosh, Daph, all we have here are little plants, maybe a few buds
Our dinner was Billyj's Shrimp Sushi Parfait. Delicious as usual!
It's so cold and rainy here we actually have a little fire going in the stove in the living room.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/2?? by farnfam ( Gosh, Daph, all we...)
What a difference a little latitude makes!

The beef on sale was fair, but the remaining steaks will be put in a marinade before grilling....not bad, but not the best. The veggies were incredible! Maryann, I used that seasoning you sent from Trader Joe's and it was awesome! The salad was good...I just hope the lettuce holds out until the tomatoes and cukes start coming off!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/2?? by Gourmet_Mom (What a difference a ...)
Jane found some fresh grouper and white corn on the cob. I mixed up some Cajun spices & herbs, she clarified some butter and I blackened the fish. Smoke everywhere!!!! Delicious!!! We had not done this in years. Won't be that long again.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/2?? by Old Bay (Jane found some fres...)
Another day when everything sounds so good! I msut say the snapper was like eating a beautiful scallop - so buttery smooth and luscious.

The second dish - Yakitori Skewers were much better than they had any right to be. The marinade was just a mixture of (for 6 oz. of steak cubes) 2 T. soy, 1 slice of fresh ginger, minced and 1 garlic clove. I didn't even really marinate it, I just mixed the marinade with the steak while the grill heated up. It was wonderful and took all of 5 minutes!! (well, plus 3 min. of each side to grill) I'm sure this will become a staple for the 'mark off bin' steaks Roy picks up all the time.
www.achefsjourney.com