Oven Baked Bacon!
  Re: (...)
Thanks to Labs, I am now baking my bacon!
I did not have parchment paper to line my baking sheets, but I had non stick foil…baked it at 350 for 33 minutes and it came out PERFECT
No mess on the clean up was a bonus too!
  Re: Oven Baked Bacon! by HappyHomemaker (Thanks to Labs, I am...)
I used to bake my bacon - Billy got me started doing that. I haven't done it again in years. Glad you discovered it and liked it!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Oven Baked Bacon! by Harborwitch (I used to bake my ba...)
Can't claim sole credit for this, but I'm glad we all could help. When I discovered baking bacon (and, for that matter, meatballs), it was one of those "no-turning-back" moments. Since then, the only times I've done it differently have been when recipes called for crispy bacon bits. In those cases, a few strips in the frying pan were enough. Otherwise, it's baked every time.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Oven Baked Bacon! by labradors (Can't claim sole cre...)
You are right Labs - the only way to make bacon and meetballs! So easy. So perfect everytime!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Oven Baked Bacon! by esgunn (You are right Labs -...)
We've always baked bacon in the restaurant, mostly because you are baking off a lot in advance and when you buy it in bulk it already comes layered on papers. So I tell my new boy the other day to bake off bacon and later walk by and he is layering sheet upon sheet of "handiwax" - those single serve wax paper sheets that go in to go baskets and the like. Again, I forget that I need to provide very explicit step by step instructions, so i tell him no, don't line it with that. He starts arguing with me that the bacon stuck the last time he baked it and he is going to line it. At that point I removed the handiwax, picked up the sheet of bacon and laid three sheets down on the sheet pan.

Geez, is that so hard to figure out? He looks at me and I get this, "Oh."
  Re: Re: Oven Baked Bacon! by iBcookin (We've always baked b...)
I find if I spray my baking sheet and don't use parchment or other sheeting, it's much easier to save the bacon fat and not hard to clean the sheets either.

One more step I've been doing with my meatballs is to not take the time to shape into balls. I just pat out to a rectangle the thickness I want and use my bench scraper to cut into size I want. Then bake.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Oven Baked Bacon! by cjs (I find if I spray my...)
Quote:

One more step I've been doing with my meatballs is to not take the time to shape into balls. I just pat out to a rectangle the thickness I want and use my bench scraper to cut into size I want. Then bake.

Either you've mentioned this before recently or I've just seen it somewhere else, but I love this idea and am going to try it the next time I make meatballs.
  Re: Re: Oven Baked Bacon! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I think we did talk about this before. And, this thread is making me hungry for meatballs.................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Oven Baked Bacon! by cjs (I think we did talk ...)
MMMmmmm . . . meatball subs! It's just that the visual isn't quite the same with a pile of pasta and sauce and little squares perched on top
  Re: Re: Oven Baked Bacon! by iBcookin (MMMmmmm . . . meatba...)
Quote:

MMMmmmm . . . meatball subs! It's just that the visual isn't quite the same with a pile of pasta and sauce and little squares perched on top

Must be from the SpongeBob Italian Restaurant.