Growing Potatoes - Alternative Method
  Re: (...)
I thought this blog was very interesting. I hope you can see it. I subscribe, so maybe you can. Hope so.

http://www.food52.com/blog/3583_you_say_...tm_medium=email

If you can't, Food52 is really an interesting newsletter to be a part of.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Growing Potatoes - Alternative Method by cjs (I thought this blog ...)
That looks like an interesting read, Jean. Thank you!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Growing Potatoes - Alternative Method by Mare749 (That looks like an i...)
I'm beginning to think you can grow potatoes in darn near anything. Interesting how they said not to plant them in full sun in the south. I was going to move my tire into full sun, but I think now I will leave it where it is. Thanks, Jean.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Growing Potatoes - Alternative Method by Lorraine (I'm beginning to thi...)
I'm tempted to do this method next 'planting season' and put the bags in the courtyard - I think they are interesting and a conversation starter, that's for sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Growing Potatoes - Alternative Method by cjs (I thought this blog ...)
Interesting! Just might have to show this to Bob.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Growing Potatoes - Alternative Method by Harborwitch (Interesting! Just m...)
My garden is in full sun and we have always grown potatoes without any problem. Plus we almost always use the leftovers from the year before that have become too soft to cook with and have sprouted eyes. Has never been an issue with not growing. Nothing like picking them at 4 o'clock and eating them at 5 - so yummy!
  Re: Re: Growing Potatoes - Alternative Method by iBcookin (My garden is in full...)
Does anybody let the potatoes "cure" as is suggested in the article? The author mentions that it helps to develop the skin. Does that matter?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Growing Potatoes - Alternative Method by Mare749 (Does anybody let the...)
Does it matter? Not to us - I just dig them and use. Oh so nice and buttery and wonderful.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Growing Potatoes - Alternative Method by cjs (Does it matter? Not ...)
I put sweet potatoes on the tires. Hope they grow the same .
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Growing Potatoes - Alternative Method by Lorraine (I put sweet potatoes...)
I don't know why I've never done Sweet tatoes... hmmmm
www.achefsjourney.com