What's for Dinner Wed., 6/6??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're having chicken 'nuggets' with Sweet & Sour sauce, rice and broccoli.

We did manage to eat out in a healthy style last night - had 2 grilled chicken breasts (we each brought one home) and veggies (managed to get some of Blane's asparagus over here!) Foodwise, nothing to shout about, but it was really to see the folks at the restaurant more than the food, so I was a happy camper.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 6/6?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Linguine with white clam sauce tonight. I really wish asparagus would go on sale again. I cannot justify $4 a pound for it as we eat a pound between us.
  Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 6/6?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're doing Korean-Style Bulgogi from issue #70 with jasmine rice. I bought some little Thai eggplants to either grill or stir-fry, but haven't decided which.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 6/6?? by Mare749 (We're doing Korean-S...)
Maryann, we grilled up some eggplant for the first time the other night and it is sooooo good!

Not sure what's for dinner, but we had a late lunch with a new recipeā€¦"Avocado Spaghetti". Jim ate 2 portions, he liked it that much.

[Image: 1f498027.jpg]
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 6/6?? by HappyHomemaker (Maryann, we grilled...)
"Avocado Spaghetti" - doesn't that sound good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 6/6?? by cjs ("Avocado Spaghetti" ...)
Quote:

"Avocado Spaghetti" - doesn't that sound good!!

And looks good too!

We are having Bacon Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes with Horseradish Sour Cream Sauce (C@H issue Dec 2006) with Juicy Grilled Burgers on Poppyseed Hardrolls.

I have to redeem myself. I totally ruined dinner last night. I think I ruined a pot while I was at it. It's funny because I was just wondering when was the last time I had ruined dinner and I could not remember. Well, now I can! Last night

How about any of you? When was the last time you ruined a dinner? Not just made something you didn't care for. But actually ruined it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 6/6?? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I've got half a mind to cook broccoli tonight, but, if I chose broccoli over asparagus, I really would only have half a mind.

My stroll down memory lane continues tonight- Japanese style pork cutlets over Jasmine rice and a side of *Cough* asparagus *Cough*.

Memory lane is a term that I used for this weeks menu. On Saturday I made up a menu consisting of "new to me" Cuisine recipes that I cooked in the last couple of weeks that I thought were keepers. So far, they're still keepers.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 6/6?? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Burgers and fries.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 6/6?? by losblanos1 (I've got half a mind...)
Quote:

I've got half a mind to cook broccoli tonight, but, if I chose broccoli over asparagus, I really would only have half a mind.

I have a solution to your asparagus obsession....broccolini! Milder than broccoli and grills up beautifully. It's my younger son's favorite veggie right now. (Of course, he's not a fan of asparagus, which is MY favorite veggie, too.)

We're pulling the last of the pulled beef out of the freezer and having quesadillas tonight. I'll use the leftover sauces from last night to make them tasty. I'll be smoking this weekend...
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wed., 6/6?? by losblanos1 (I've got half a mind...)
Quote:

I would NEVER cook broccoli over asparagus since the asparagus would contaminate the broccoli.

I'd cook the broccoli INSTEAD of the asparagus.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?