T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/8??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Didn't have the baked potatoes with chili yesterday, so will have them today. Today is weigh in day - down 4 lbs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/8?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
Not sure what, but it will be leftovers. Have to make a few hundred cake pops using the winery's wine for a Bridal Show on Sunday.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/8?? by Lorraine (Not sure what, but i...)
I hope you and I can make these when we get back there!! fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/8?? by cjs (I hope you and I can...)
So far, I know we'll grill some veggies, but haven't decided on a protein yet. Thinking of going to the market for some fish.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/8?? by Mare749 (So far, I know we'll...)
Good for you Jean! I'm not sure about tonight. Last night I never did make the japanese pork cutlets because Michael told me at 4:00 he had a make a poster as part of a group project and it was due this morning. Grrrr...... There was no way I could cook anything.

And today Tony had to drive down to San Diego to meet with his new company and if he's not going to be home in time for dinner, I'm not making the cutlets tonight either.

So up in the air at this point!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/8?? by Trixxee (Good for you Jean! ...)
Tonight is another (new) favorite- Italian steak sandwich with roasted pepper mayonnaise. Here's a pic from the last time that I made this. It is sooo delicious.

[Image: Italiansteaksandwich.jpg]
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/8?? by losblanos1 (Tonight is another (...)
OMG, that looks good, the beef is just how I like it!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/8?? by farnfam (OMG, that looks good...)
I found a chicken in the freezer...but then have to go to my nephews "graduation" from 8th grade to high school tonight so snacks it is.

Side Bar - I gave my notice at work today. Boss wants me to keep it hush hush for a week till he figures out how to tell all the agents here and not have them get in an uproar or panic
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/8?? by farnfam (OMG, that looks good...)
Again, that sandwich is a favorite here, also. It's been too long!

Tonight is steak night, of course.

Breaking out the Grey Goose! The kiddies went home for the summer today! I decided this group needed to get a jolt and held some back this year. After getting cussed out yesterday, it made me wonder. But I stuck with it. This group has been passed on too long. I'm tired of hearing about the kids graduating and going to college straight into remediation classes! My last year is going to be a BIG surprise to some kids! I decided I may as well set a new standard now!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/8?? by Gourmet_Mom (Again, that sandwich...)
Good For you Daphne!!! As hard as it is, continuing to just pass them along is not the right decision. Especially if you know it is an ongoing problem!!!! We are almost done for the year. Another week for sure, and I might slip some stuff in over the summer. But I need a short break for sure.

We had Oven roasted Mahi Mahi with Tomatoes, onions and orange, and a baked potato. It is an EW recipe. It was good and always a bonus to find a fish dish the kids like.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.