Father's Day's Coming - June 17th Plans???
  Re: (...)
Anyone have the day planned for Dad??

No kids around and we'll be on the road, but I do have his present hidden in the trailer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Father's Day's Coming - June 17th Plans??? by cjs (Anyone have the day ...)
Quote:

I do have his present hidden in the trailer

Is it potatoes?? lol No kids here either, but I will give him something from KittyDawg.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Father's Day's Coming - June 17th Plans??? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
The girls are helping me plan a backyard picnic for all the Dads. We'll be planning the menu this week. Going to get the little ones in on it too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Father's Day's Coming - June 17th Plans??? by Mare749 (The girls are helpin...)
We'll be waiting to get some ideas from you and the girls, Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Father's Day's Coming - June 17th Plans??? by cjs (We'll be waiting to ...)
I agree, Jean! Bring it on Maryan

! I'm not sure what we'll do. BB wants us to come to the mountains since we haven't seen him since Christmas, but BG has the day off and wants to come. Food decisions is doomed for later consideration.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Father's Day's Coming - June 17th Plans??? by Gourmet_Mom (I agree, Jean! Brin...)
A little OT, but here, Father's Day is very different from Mother's Day. Mother's Day is all about going out to Brunch, Lunch etc. Father's Day is all about staying home and having a family meal in the back yard.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Father's Day's Coming - June 17th Plans??? by Lorraine (A little OT, but her...)
That is true - unless the mother is a professional cook, then she wants what the guys get!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Father's Day's Coming - June 17th Plans??? by cjs (That is true - unles...)
Nothing definite yet...but we're talking about doing a "beer can turkey" since we all like chicken done that way. That is if I can even find a turkey right now.
Maryann

Re: Re: Father's Day's Coming - June 17th Plans??? by Lorraine (A little OT, but her...)
Quote:

A little OT, but here, Father's Day is very different from Mother's Day. Mother's Day is all about going out to Brunch, Lunch etc. Father's Day is all about staying home and having a family meal in the back yard.

This will probably get me laughs AND complaints from both genders, but wouldn't what you described be expected? The women are always looking to go out for something special while the men just want to hang back in the cave. Probably one of those Mars/Venus things.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Father's Day's Coming - June 17th Plans??? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
You're absolutely right, Labs! LOL! He says it's because we're better cooks than any of the restaurants around here, but that's only because we don't go to any of the expensive ones.
Maryann