Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef
  Re: (...)
Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef - U.S. just started this past week. Anyone watching?

One of the Masterchef highlights is that, for the first time, there will be a blind contestant in the competition. How cool it that?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef by labradors ([i]Hell's Kitchen[/i...)
Pretty cool. Do you know I've never watched either one of those shows. I'll have to watch for them on the cooking channel because I don't think they are on food network.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef by Mare749 (Pretty cool. [img]/u...)
It's on CBS here. I'm so anxious to see how the little blind gal does; it will be fantastic.

Can ya cook a scallop, Labs???????????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef by cjs (It's on CBS here. I'...)
Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef originate on Fox. Not sure if any areas have different programming with local affiliates.

LOL, Jean! It makes me wonder. Since I've always had a problem with them since that bad memory from when I was about five, I've never tried cooking them, so I don't know, but I like to think they shouldn't be anywhere near as difficult as the red team made them. Sure, once in a while, people have problems with scallops on these shows, but THAT many batches of them? Yikes!
  Re: Re: Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef by labradors ([i]Hell's Kitchen[/i...)
I'm going to look for it! I hope I didn't cut that station when I reduced my DirectTV package a while back!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef by Gourmet_Mom (I'm going to look fo...)
You're right, Labs - it's on Fox. Our channel 13 used to be CBS......duh.

Scallops, roasting a 'pefect' chicken, hard-cooked eggs with no green ring, fileting a fish - a few things my chef/instructor was a real drill master about.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef by cjs (You're right, Labs -...)
Fox should be in your Directv local channels package. Master Chef airs at 9:00 pm EST and PST, and Hells Kitchen at 8:00. Right now they are both playing on Mondays and Tuesdays (same times) but don't know if that will continue. The shows don't repeat at all. However you can watch them here on your computer. Hells Kitchen has started 2 chefs have gone home. Master Chef however is still selecting contestants. They have some interesting chefs so far.

In the same vein, I am really enjoying Next Food Network Star. Some really creative ideas and I like the new format. Also watching Around the World in 80 plates on Bravo. Not on the par with Top Chef and the like, but really fun locations and info re local cuisines.
  Re: Re: Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef by Cubangirl (Fox should be in you...)
My favourites on The Next Food-Network Star are (in no particular order): Justin, Emily, Linkie, Ippy and Eric. Unfortunately, Eric is gone already.

If Justin can reign in a little of his craziness (e.g. NOT melting Hershey's Kisses in their wrappers, even though the judges loved his cookies), he could do well. Ippy needs to figure out how to PRESENT "laid back" without being TOO laid back.
  Re: Re: Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef by labradors (My favourites on [i]...)
My favorites are Justin and Emily and I really liked Eric. So far with the exception of Eric, I've been happy about the eliminations. I like Yvan, Martita and Michelle too. Can't wait for Nikki and Martie to go,and don't have a feel for Malcom's show. But as it stands now, I could not watch Ippy, way too laid back, he'd put me to sleep.
  Re: Re: Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef by Cubangirl (My favorites are Jus...)
Thanks for the link, CG! I missed it tonight, but will be catching up, for sure, thanks to your help!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.