Maiden Voyage with Gert
  Re: (...)
After months and months of looking at travel trailers (most of it in the rain!!), our new little house is ready to hit the road. One coat closet was magically tranformed into a great pantry, wine rack is done, bed's made and we're leaving in a couple of hours.

We're going just to Fall City today and stay one night - seemed better to spend the first night close to home in case something happens. Then on to Cashmere, WA which is between Wenatchee and Levenworth in eastern Washington for a week on the Wenatchee river. We have a great spot right on the river and Roy has all his fishing gear and I've got my cast iron skillets and cornmeal/flour....

Sharon, Roy has also (finally) packed his golf clubs, so we're hoping to stop off at your place for 2 nights so hopefully he and Bob can play a little golf. Will email you.

Anyway, this new chapter in our lives has finally started and you think I'm excited??????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Maiden Voyage with Gert by cjs (After months and mon...)
Good for you!!! How far East will you get?? hint...
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Maiden Voyage with Gert by Lorraine (Good for you!!! How...)
Yeah, East?? Hint, hint
Have a most wonderful time!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Maiden Voyage with Gert by farnfam (Yeah, East?? Hint, h...)
Jean I need to see pictures of the remodel so Derek and have an idea of what's possible have a safe and fun trip! Can't wait to join you guys on one....Texas perhaps
  Re: Re: Maiden Voyage with Gert by DFen911 (Jean I need to see p...)
How exciting! I would love to see a picture of the wine rack. Wine storage is a problem for us. Good idea to not go too far the first time out. That was the first thing the dealer told us when we bought our RV 6 years ago. And sure enough we had a problem. And we all got a stomach bug. Oh it was a lovely trip. LOL.
  Re: Maiden Voyage with Gert by cjs (After months and mon...)
Oh BOY! It sounds like a fun trip is planned. (Bob is planning on getting his fishing license SOON! He's got a buddy to go fishing with (since they work the same days).

I have fun to look forward to! Bob will love getting a chance to play golf with Roy! We can stick something wonderful in the smoker and have a ball!

We got around the wine storage issue by putting the wine cooler in the coach. We just have to remember to drag out a bottle of red in advance.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Maiden Voyage with Gert by Harborwitch (Oh BOY! It sounds l...)
Bon Voyage and have fun!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Maiden Voyage with Gert by BarbaraS (Bon Voyage and have ...)
Hope you two have a great time! We'll be able to do that soon, I hope!

What happened to spell check on that one? Is ywo a word? LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Maiden Voyage with Gert by Gourmet_Mom (Hope you two have a ...)
I'll post some pictures of the remodels in the a.m. - time to beat Roy's a$$ in Cribbage. Everybody behave for the rest of the day.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Maiden Voyage with Gert by cjs (I'll post some pictu...)
Haven't played Cribbage in ages. Great game.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?