What's for Dinner, Monday, 6/11??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu today??

We'll be having l/o So. African Meatballs with rice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 6/11?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Food gawking, probbly something with chic thighs. Will report back later
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 6/11?? by farnfam (Food gawking, probbl...)
Not sure yet - something relatively easy. We have to be at school at 6:00. Michael is receiving some kind of award "reserved for Santiago's most outstanding students".

I will tear up. I'll busy myself with my camera so I don't look like such a sap.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 6/11?? by Trixxee (Not sure yet - somet...)
Don't worry about tearing up, Trixxee. I got teary just reading this. Congratulations Michael, for being an outstanding student, and congratulations Trixxee for being an outstanding mom.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 6/11?? by Mare749 (Don't worry about te...)
Congratulations Michael and Trixxee!! That's so exciting!

We're having rice bowls like they serve at Chipotle. I've made beef barbacoa, Mexican rice (okay, that still needs to be cooked), corn salsa, red salsa, guacamole, lettuce, cheese, and sour cream and will just let everyone make their own.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 6/11?? by karyn (Congratulations Mich...)
Everyone to Karyn's house!!! Wow.

Congratulations to Michael and his mom and dad - they are all pretty terrific!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 6/11?? by cjs (Everyone to Karyn's ...)
Yay, Michael and family!
As it turns out, oven fried flounder fillets, homemade tartar, green beans, and looking like orzo on menu tonite
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 6/11?? by cjs (Everyone to Karyn's ...)
Lorraine mentioned tomato sandwiches yesterday and now I can't get them out of my head. So, tonight will be Mexican BLT's, but instead of using tortillas, we're grilling homemade flat bread and we'll just put everything in that.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 6/11?? by Mare749 (Lorraine mentioned t...)
Yea Michael! Yea Trixxee!! Way to go.

Something easy. Teriyaki Chicken thighs in the slowcooker. Four more days of school and then a break. Lots of semester assessments this week. Ugh. Got to plug along through it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 6/11?? by esgunn (Yea Michael! Yea Tr...)
Changed my mind. Salsa chicken for tacos in the slow cooker. Still easy! Still chicken!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.