Anyone Have/Use an Induction Cook Top?
  Re: (...)
I'm thinking I might like having a counter top induction burner to use outside. Hate cooking indoors when it's so nice outside, but don't like to use my skilets over gas grill.

Anyone have one?? Pros? Cons?

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/ite...llet/57497

I'm talking to use in trailer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Anyone Have/Use an Induction Cook Top? by cjs (I'm thinking I might...)
I have the black glass top on my stove, but it's not an induction. Now that you've brought this up, you can be sure my next one will have it! How great is that!

As for the glass top, I love it. It's easy to clean and still looks like brand new.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Anyone Have/Use an Induction Cook Top? by Mare749 (I have the black gla...)
I wanted one when I discovered gas was out of the question during the remodel, but it just wasn't in the budget. . Next time it will be gas or this.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Anyone Have/Use an Induction Cook Top? by Gourmet_Mom (I wanted one when I ...)
Remember I'm talking a small countertop induction cooktop for the trailer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anyone Have/Use an Induction Cook Top? by cjs (Remember I'm talking...)
Oh, I know! I just love it! If I had a kid going off to college, this would be a MUST! In addition, one of our first plans when I retire is to hop on the boat and travel the east coast...got to get the dang thing fixed first. I'll be anxious to hear what you think of it. It looks like something we would need to get, also. Hey, a boat is just a floating RV!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Anyone Have/Use an Induction Cook Top? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, I know! I just ...)
I can't find the thread but we had a huge discussion when I was looking to get one. You need special cookware to create a proper magnetic connection. They also create a humming noise when while you're cooking.
  Re: Re: Anyone Have/Use an Induction Cook Top? by DFen911 (I can't find the thr...)
Did you get one Denise? The one's I've looked at show a pan coming with it. I can't imagine doing much on it, but it would be nice to heat something/fast cook something while grilling outside, maybe.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anyone Have/Use an Induction Cook Top? by cjs (Did you get one Deni...)
No I opted not too because I would have had to buy all new cookware. You can't use cast iron on it, though it works, they are just too heavy to keep moving around.
  Re: Re: Anyone Have/Use an Induction Cook Top? by DFen911 (No I opted not too b...)
You have to keep moving the pan? I hadn't heard that before - I thought that the cast iron was okay for it. Saw an infomercial on one the other morning (you know, before the birds get up) and it looked pretty cool.
  Re: Re: Anyone Have/Use an Induction Cook Top? by iBcookin (You have to keep mov...)
This may take as long to decide on as it took me to buy a Kindle...
www.achefsjourney.com