Lunch at Mission St. Bistro, Wenatchee
  Re: (...)
Lunch, Tuesday, June 12, 2012 at Mission St. Bistro, Wenatchee – Chef Jodi Riggles. It is predominately a little French Bistro that specializes in Crepes. An absolutely wonderful lunch with such a unique menu. Hard to decide between the Duck Pate and the Escargot. After at least 40 years I had escargot again and they were superb!! I have the escargot plates and forks, but have not fixed them since my mother and I used to do them in the late 60s and early 70s. I wish I could tell her I had them again. Roy and my dad always bypassed them… He had a huge and delicious looking portabella crepe, but I forgot to taste it. A bottle of Four Vines ’07 Zin (California) went nicely with both dishes. The chef gave us and the table next to us complimentary desserts – warm bread pudding with bourbon sauce, that was excellent, also.

My Escargot - So good
[Image: EscargoJune122.jpg]

a bruschetta with a little snail topping it - Yum.
[Image: BruschettatoppedwithEscargo.jpg]

These things were humongous!!
[Image: RoysPortabellaCrepeJune12.jpg]

It is such a small world – the couple at the next table, who his father had lived in Weimar, CA (where we lived in the barn) years ago was so interesting to visit with. Weimar is a small stop in the road on Hiway 80 which you would miss if you blinked.

Learned an interesting method for making Leftse (page ??, Journey Home) – my family makes it with mashed potatoes and heavy cream, but Chef Riggles makes hers with a flour base, but does roll it out like I do mine. She gave me her email address so I can get the recipe to try. She also, Sharon you’ll love this – serves hers with butter and sugar (as we do), but also cardamom and a little cinnamon. This will be fun to try next winter. (I haven’t even done last winter’s projects yet!)

And, lastly one more picture of our back yard for the next few days -
[Image: WenatcheeBeachRVParkJune12.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Lunch at Mission St. Bistro, Wenatchee by cjs (Lunch, Tuesday, June...)
Oh that sounds like so much fun and everything looks wonderful. I'm drooling.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Lunch at Mission St. Bistro, Wenatchee by farnfam (Oh that sounds like ...)
I have never had snails! I'm not sure I'm that adventurous....LOL! I might be willing to taste it, but I wouldn't order it. It sure looks good, though. Beautiful spot to relax!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lunch at Mission St. Bistro, Wenatchee by Gourmet_Mom (I have never had sna...)
Haven't had snails in years. Great sounding lunch. I think I want to go on the road with you two!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Lunch at Mission St. Bistro, Wenatchee by Lorraine (Haven't had snails i...)
Great pictures Jean! Looks like you are haveing a fantastic time!!!

I tried snails back in the 80's. The garlic butter was very good!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Lunch at Mission St. Bistro, Wenatchee by cjs (Lunch, Tuesday, June...)
Jean that looks wonderful! I love the idea of the cardamom & cinnamon. I'll have to try both recipes if we have some time off this winter.

I'll have to get the address from you for that Bistro. Bob is going to select Wenatchee for his VA provider city. It sounds like a great place for lunch!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Lunch at Mission St. Bistro, Wenatchee by Harborwitch (Jean that looks wond...)
It looks so beautiful there, Jean. And your lunch looks delish!

Daphne, I could never get Ron to try escargot, so I slipped one on his plate one time when he was talking to the person next to him. His entree had mushrooms, so he never noticed the escargot, just stuck it with his fork and popped it in his mouth. This was followed by a "yum" and another order of escargot.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Lunch at Mission St. Bistro, Wenatchee by Mare749 (It looks so beautifu...)
I remember that! You were on a cruise, I think! Funny!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lunch at Mission St. Bistro, Wenatchee by Gourmet_Mom (I remember that! Yo...)
That's so funny, Maryann!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lunch at Mission St. Bistro, Wenatchee by cjs (That's so funny, Mar...)
I tried escargot about 8 years ago on a cruise - loved all the garlic!

Your camping spot looks so peaceful and relaxing. Just give me a book and a glass of wine and I'd be very happy there.