T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 6/22??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

It's a travel day here, and we have LOTS of leftovers. So, another day of grazing with flatbreads. (hard, hard job.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 6/22?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Steak night here. Of course, when I make the shrimp salad, I'll have to taste to make sure I've got it right.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 6/22?? by Gourmet_Mom (Steak night here. O...)
Definitely something with chicken breasts. Something like Chicken Diane or Chicken Pomodoro. Really hoping asparagus is on sale.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 6/22?? by Trixxee (Definitely something...)
HHmmmm I forgot to do the freezer reach in a grab. I think pasta. I've got some prosciutto I can thaw pretty easily so will toss that in...wait a minute! That's it! Pasta Carbonara
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 6/22?? by Trixxee (Definitely something...)
Quote:

Definitely something with chicken breasts. Something like Chicken Diane or Chicken Pomodoro. Really hoping asparagus is on sale.

All day I've been kicking around ideas for chicken breasts. Cutlets, piccata, pomodoro (I had the free issue at work today), but now I've narrowed it down to Chicken Diane. With asparagus. Thanks Trixxee!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 6/22?? by losblanos1 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
You're welcome Blane! I decided on the pomodoro from that issue - I'll make a little extra sauce to go over some angel hair for Tony and I. At least the boy will eat the pasta (without the sauce). And I did splurge on $3.99/lb asparagus. It looked really fresh so I closed my eyes on the price.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 6/22?? by Trixxee (You're welcome Blane...)
We bough some asparagus at a fruit stand in Pasco yesterday and thought of all you asparagus fanatics. And, now it's drizzly out and I can't grill it. Like it better grilled, but I'll roast it instead.

[Image: CheesePlatterfromCheeseLouiseJune21.jpg]

Our dinner - cheese from Cheese Louise, Richland - l to r: Issabella (goat cheese and the briny overtones); Old Amsterdam (a buttery mature aged Gouda); and Lincolnshire Poacher (unpasteurised cow's milk). All were excellent.

http://www.cheese-louise.com/meet_us.html
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 6/22?? by cjs (We bough some aspara...)
Fancy! Love your tray and napkins! I'm hoping to go to the city Monday. I'm hoping to pick up some cheeses. William LOVES a cheese tray.....not for dinner, though....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 6/22?? by Gourmet_Mom (Fancy! Love your tr...)
Stuffed pork chops and fresh bread. We have all eaten. We are happy and stuffed.Smile
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 6/22?? by luvnit (Stuffed pork chops a...)
We had garlic shrimp over pasta and a salad of some kind of bitter greens from City Fresh. Never had it before, but with a sweet and sour dressing, very tasty.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."