What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/25??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone??

I'm having a Bloody Mary right now, so I'll think about it later............... (chicken half thawing, turkey patties thawing, hmmmmmm)

Want to see a picture of our brunch from yesterday at Scotty's?????

Chivas Regal Whisky French Toast
[Image: ChivasRegalWhiskyFrenchToastatScottys.jpg]

Duck Fat Fried Chicken Biscuit (with pepper bacon, gruyere, egg frittata and sausage gravy...geez, it was a real loggers meal, that's for sure!!!)
[Image: DuckFatFriedChixBiscuitatScottysJune24.jpg]

For you newbies - a number of us were part of a cooking forum in the early 2000s and a lot of us cooked together in Windsor, CO for fundraiser dinners (Lorraine, Billy, who else??). Scotty (aka Morris) was also a member and we became great friends. He and I came on the forum about the same time and with about the same experience, but boy has he become a shining star in the cooking world!!!

http://oliversatthecamashotel.com/
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/25?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Looks fantastic Jean!

Tonight I'm trying a new recipe I saw on Bobby Flay's new season of BBQ Addiction yesterday. I forget exactly what it's called but it's a grilled pork tenderloin marinated in coconut milk, curry powder, lime juice, star anise (which I don't have), a scotch bonnet and some other things. Then you make an herb sauce in the blender with cilantro, green onions, italian parsley and some other things.

Very carribean. Not sure what I'm making with it.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/25?? by Trixxee (Looks fantastic Jean...)
William bought fresh sausage over the weekend and didn't use it, so he asked that we have sausage dogs for dinner. I decided on that old recipe for Broccoli, Cheese, and Rice Casserole to go with it. I'm anxious to see if it's as good as I remember.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/25?? by Trixxee (Looks fantastic Jean...)
You had me at Bloody Mary

As for us, we all going out for dinner to celebrate Derek's 50th b-day today So Macaroni Grill for us
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/25?? by DFen911 (You had me at Bloody...)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEREK!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/25?? by cjs (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DERE...)
Happy Birthday, Derek!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/25?? by Gourmet_Mom (Happy Birthday, Dere...)
Happy Birthday, Derek!

Jean, your brunch look pretty amazing. Scotty certainly has done well for himself!

Dinner tonight...I'm thinking about spaghetti and meatballs. Haven't had it recently and it's a nice cool day here, so I think it would work. Mixed green salad with Italian dressing on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/25?? by Mare749 (Happy Birthday, Dere...)
Happy Birthday Derek! I hope it's a great one!!

I'm giving both of the calzones from the latest [Email]C@A[/Email] issue a try. I just finished smoking the tomatoes and onions for the sauce, so we'll se how we like them.

Edited to Add: I was sooo going to do a Blane and post pictures of these, but trust me, the didn't turn out that well. I was suspicious of the cooking method and considered doing the calzones in the oven, but thought I'd give it a try as written. As I suspected, at least on my grill the bottoms were burnt long before the tops were the beautiful golden brown of the photos.

However, the smoked sauce and calzone fillings were all delicious. I really loved the chicken/artichoke/spinach filling, but John and Jason thought the three meat filling was awesome as well, particularly with extra sauce and cheese on top.

My review..a definite keeper with a few tweaks!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/25?? by karyn (Happy Birthday Derek...)
From issue #94- Cumin spiced filets with chipotle butter and a side of grilled corn & Fresh pepper salad.

ETA:
Jean, your picture of the French toast reminded me of a restaurant in Puerto Vallarta Mexico called La Palapa, their French toast is to die for. Brioche bread, coconut sauce and a raspberry coulis. The fruit garnish on the plate was delicious as well.

[Image: LaPalapaFrenchtoast.jpg]
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 6/25?? by losblanos1 (From issue #94- Cumi...)
Oh Blane when we move to Oregon you and I and a few others from up there are all gonna have a party and you can cook and we'll eat