Have you ever forgotten about a food for a while?
  Re: (...)
Have you ever just gotten away from a food that you really enjoyed but forgot about for a while?

It's hard to believe, but it's been almost four years since the last time I bought this:

[Image: jellycp7.jpg]

When I was in the store, today, I happened to be in that aisle, looking for something else, when I heard the pineapple-jalapeƱo jelly: "Where have you beeeeeeen? Come baaaaack?"

So, for the first time in quite a while, I bought some and just now had some and it makes me wonder how I ever drifted away from it in the first place. WOW, is this stuff good!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Have you ever forgotten about a food for a while? by labradors (Have you ever just g...)
That's funny! But to answer your question, there are times I'll decide to make something and wonder why I stopped making it. Usually it's something I've made too often in the past.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Have you ever forgotten about a food for a while? by Gourmet_Mom (That's funny! But t...)
Hmmmm, why haven't I added jalapeno to my pineapple or apricot/pineapple jam??? I've added them to just about every other jam I make.

Yes, I do seem to get away from old favorites. One that popped in my head just now is a tomato platter that I used to have to make darn near every other night Roy loved it so much. I haven't made it for 3 or 4 years now, I think. Thanks for the reminder - I'll have to add it to the list.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Have you ever forgotten about a food for a while? by cjs (Hmmmm, why haven't I...)
Thanks for reminding me, Labs. I forgot about a jar of pepper jelly that was bought on vacation.

Some forgotten foods for us would have to be desserts. Almost never make them anymore and it would be nice to have one occasionally. I'm thinking like lemon meringue pie and apple crisp. Used to make them regularly.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Have you ever forgotten about a food for a while? by Mare749 (Thanks for reminding...)
Oh and the pineapple thing we all made a couple years ago, Maryann???? I think my aunt had sent me the recipe from her newspaper. God, it was good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Have you ever forgotten about a food for a while? by cjs (Oh and the pineapple...)
Jean,

Just the other day, I was thinking about that pineapple crisp, but decided to wait a couple of weeks because of other things going on. That certainly was a recipe that had everyone in the forum going "YUM!"
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Have you ever forgotten about a food for a while? by labradors (Jean,[br][br]Just th...)
Yes, that's it!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Have you ever forgotten about a food for a while? by cjs (Yes, that's it! [img...)
I just noticed that one and the Cream Cheese Ice Cream we were all so in love with when transferring files to Handy Cookbook the other day!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Have you ever forgotten about a food for a while? by cjs (Yes, that's it! [img...)
That stuff was soooooo good. Cousin Roy in ND loved it too!

Jean I have a jar of raspberry wasabi stuff - I've been forgetting about.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Have you ever forgotten about a food for a while? by Harborwitch (That stuff was soooo...)
"raspberry wasabi stuff"
www.achefsjourney.com