What's for Dinner, Tues., 6/26?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

It rained last night, but it's supposed to be nice today, so I hope I can grill the half chix I have thawing. I made a green salad again last night, the clean the fridge out kind (I was craving it at Sharon's) and that was our dinner. It was so good, one of those - everything but the kitchen sink things.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 6/26? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Bolognese sauce (from the freezer) and pasta, and probably a salad.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 6/26? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That salad you made while you were here was fantastic!

Bob grilled a half a chicken (with the "Shrimp Rub" from Plate) last night, but there was a big event going on for the Ladies and we wound up helping in the restaurant & bar so by the time we got home at 9 we were too tired!

It's pouring rain - so I think I'll fix some mashed potatoes, and do that baked squash with panko or a tomato gratin (or maybe both?) We'll split the half chicken.

Bob will be in charge of meals most of the rest of the week. It's long hours all week, today's my one day off!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 6/26? by Harborwitch (That salad you made ...)
Bless your heart, Sharon. Only day off and it rains? Bummer!

I've been craving the linguine with candied cherry tomatoes, so that will be dinner tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 6/26? by Gourmet_Mom (Bless your heart, Sh...)
I took out a steak for us to share, so we'll grill that and I'm thinking about doing it bulgogi style, with a side of rice and stir-fry vegetables. In fact, I'll put those on the grill too. I keep forgetting I have a veggie pan for the grill.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 6/26? by Mare749 (I took out a steak f...)
Has anyone tried the savory shrimp and rice in the new August issue. Going to make it tonight---anyone try it yet.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 6/26? by Trish (Has anyone tried the...)
Quote:

Has anyone tried the savory shrimp and rice in the new August issue. Going to make it tonight---anyone try it yet.

Welcome, Trish! I haven't tried the shrimp recipe yet, but it does look tasty! Please let us know what you think of it.

We're having Greek Chicken Kebabs with a chopped salad and tzatzaki. It's an old favorite.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 6/26? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, today was supposed to be beautiful, but it's been raining all day!!

So we had pizza and not grilled either! I had to roast the chicken in the oven.
[Image: WhitePizzaWithChickenAndBasil3.jpg]

Our neighbor just caught a 16 lb. salmon!!!!!!! All the little boats are converging on his little part of the world to get their's also. (Roy just went to get salmon tackle)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 6/26? by cjs (Well, today was supp...)
Quote:

Well, today was supposed to be beautiful, but it's been raining all day!!

So we had pizza...

...so it WAS a beautiful day, after all!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 6/26? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
From the new issue, Beef Bourguignon burgers.