What a Great Park for ***** Watching
  Re: (...)
It's amazing the ships that go by right in front of us here at the park!!! the same ones that go by our house, but at home we're about a 1/2 mile from them. Here, they are in our front yard!!!!

[Image: ShipontheColumbia1.jpg]

[Image: ShipontheColumbia3.jpg]

[Image: ShipontheColumbia4.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What a Great Park for Ship Watching by cjs (It's amazing the shi...)
Great views!! If you and Roy haven't been thru the Panama Canal you need to go. It is an engineering marvel (all gravity, no pumps) and ***** watching is at its best. Not as visually pleasing as your view, but more incredable in scope.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What a Great Park for Ship Watching by Old Bay (Great views!! If yo...)
That's really cool. One thing you can't tell from the photographs: are these relatively quiet events, or do you hear ships' engines, horns, etc.?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What a Great Park for Ship Watching by labradors (That's really cool. ...)
Labs, the noise (or lack thereof...) is what surprises me - they don't 'honk' their horns, they just quietly slip on by. In fact you have to continually look out if inside or we miss them!

And, finally the great fisherman came thru! All you fisherpeople out there, do you know if this is a shad??? We've searched the web and I don't have my fish book with me, but Roy thinks this is what his little jewel is.
[Image: ShadJune26.jpg]

But the little bugger was so bony all it did was whet my appetite for FISH!!!!
[Image: Shad2.jpg]

His breakfast dishes are done and the 'intrepid' fisherman is on his way out to catch more - and hopefully no more shad!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Great pictures! Happy to hear you're having a great time. I'm beginning to think June will never end....

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What a Great Park for Ship Watching by pjcooks (Great pictures! Hap...)
Awesome Jean!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Great pictures! You'll have to share where you are so that if we ever unplug we can go there.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What a Great Park for Ship Watching by Harborwitch (Great pictures! You...)
William said he doesn't think it's a Shad. He thought it looked more like a mullet, but without the head and fins, it's hard to say.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.