VOT-Thoughts and Prayers Requested
  Re: (...)
I just got off the phone with Mom. My cousin's daughter, Parker who recently graduated from high school is in serious condition in the Hospital. She has been in ICU for a week. She has some form of meningitis. They couldn't pinpoint which kind, so they have treated her for all seven. I didn't know there were so many! Anyway, the are going to take her off the respirator today. They are not sure how it will go.

So young! It seems like yesterday she was just a baby!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: VOT-Thoughts and Prayers Requested by Gourmet_Mom (I just got off the p...)
Oh Daphne I am so sorry to hear about this. I am keeping you all in my thoughts. Please keep us posted... poor dear..that is just too young
  Re: VOT-Thoughts and Prayers Requested by Gourmet_Mom (I just got off the p...)
Oh Daphne, what a tragedy for your family!!! And, just starting her life??? I'm just speechless!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: VOT-Thoughts and Prayers Requested by cjs (Oh Daphne, what a tr...)
I'm sorry to hear this, Daphne. What is her prognosis? I had no idea there was more than one type of this disease. Do they have any idea how she got it? My father-in-law had it when he was a kid. He was home bound for a couple of months.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: VOT-Thoughts and Prayers Requested by Mare749 (I'm sorry to hear th...)
I don't think they know the extent of the damage, if any, yet. I think right now, they're just hoping she can breathe on her own. It doesn't sound good.

Thanks, you guys. I'll keep you posted.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: VOT-Thoughts and Prayers Requested by Gourmet_Mom (I don't think they k...)
I'm so sorry Daphne. I hope the doctors can work their magic and get her well.
  Re: Re: VOT-Thoughts and Prayers Requested by Trixxee (I'm so sorry Daphne....)
I hate hearing that expression: "taking her off the respirator."

I'll be praying for Parker, you and your whole family.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: VOT-Thoughts and Prayers Requested by labradors (I hate hearing that ...)
Daphne, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope all goes well when she's taken off the respirator. Prayers are being sent for Parker and your whole family.
  Re: Re: VOT-Thoughts and Prayers Requested by Gourmet_Mom (I don't think they k...)
I'm so sorry, Daphne. My prayers are with you all at this difficult time. I hope she pulls through this.

PJ
PJ
That is just terrible Daphne. I am so, so sorry to hear your news. My prayer and thoughts are with you all.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura