What's for Dinner, Wed, 6/27??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Our neighbor caught a 16 lb. salmon yesterday and asked me to filet it for him. Man, I haven't done a fish that big, so my filets are not something my Chef Bui would have been proud of, but we got the job done!! So, I'm grilling part of it and making focaccia and his wife, Linda, is doing a side dish and dessert and we'll all have a grand time!!

Sadly, we leave for home tomorrow, but what a fun trip this has been and so glad the travel trailer is exactly what we wanted for long trips!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed, 6/27?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Dinner sounds great Jean. How nice to have a sharing neighbor! I know going home must be bitter sweet.

Since I didn't get the Shrimp Salad done over the weekend, I froze it. I've decided to play with that today. Oldest son is coming in, and I know he will appreciate the effort. If I didn't have errands to run, I would have made rolls.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Doinner, Wed, 6/27?? by Gourmet_Mom (Dinner sounds great ...)
I'm doing the rosemary orange chicken from the smart carb book, only I'm leaving out the rosemary.
  Re: Re: What's for Doinner, Wed, 6/27?? by Trixxee (I'm doing the rosema...)

Hey Daphne, do you ever make the "After Work Dinner Rolls" from Journey Home? They only take 60 minutes and they could be shaped into longer rolls if you were wanting to use the shrimp salad in them........
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Doinner, Wed, 6/27?? by cjs ([br]Hey Daphne, do y...)
No, I've never tried them, but today there is more on my list to do than I'm able. I'll be doing good to get the salad done. But I'm hoping to get all this "stuff" done this week and get back to bread and pizza next week. I'll be sure to give those a try. Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed, 6/27?? by Gourmet_Mom (No, I've never tried...)
What a perfect day for grilling salmon.

From issue #74 (April 2009)
Entrée: Ham, Asparagus & Swiss cheese crepes with mustard sauce
Side: Fruit Bowl with Lime gastrique
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed, 6/27?? by losblanos1 (What a perfect day f...)
We tried another Bobby Flay dish Yucatan Chicken Skewers with Slaw . It was kinda weird...I liked all of the components, but there was just too much going on, and the flavors didn't meld into something better, which is what I had hoped.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed, 6/27?? by karyn (We tried another Bob...)
Sloppy Joes!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed, 6/27?? by DFen911 (Sloppy Joes! [img]/u...)
I had sushi tonight with Holly. We have a new place in our neighborhood that does a great job. We had miso soup, an appetizer order of dumplings, a spicy tuna roll, a specialty roll called Pink Lady (one of our favorites) and another specialty roll that was deep fried and called Fire and Ice.

Do you know that I took my camera with me and forgot to take even one picture???
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed, 6/27?? by Mare749 (I had sushi tonight ...)
Another amazing recipe from Cuisine. The fruit bowl was so delicious, it really balanced out the savory crepes.

[Image: HamasparagusSwisscheesecrepes.jpg]