What kind of cocktail shaker do you use?
  Re: (...)
I need to replace mine.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What kind of cocktail shaker do you use? by Gourmet_Mom (I need to replace mi...)
We have a metal one for the house and a plastic smaller one for the road. I like the sound of the metal one better....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What kind of cocktail shaker do you use? by cjs (We have a metal one ...)
I have this one. Mine is perfect...insulated sides so condensation isn't a problem, no leaks, big enough for two sizable drinks, and with a measure in the cap. I love it and bought one for my older son. He had to return it twice before he got one where the lid fit well. My suggestion would be to go to Bed Bath&Beyond and try on the lids before you buy, which is what he had to do. If you get one that is well made, it's the best ever, IMHO.
  Re: Re: What kind of cocktail shaker do you use? by karyn (I have [url=http://w...)
We have a nice metal one a lot like Karyn's. It's efficient and I really do like the sound
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What kind of cocktail shaker do you use? by farnfam (We have a nice metal...)
Quote:

... and a plastic smaller one for the road.

Didn't even know any were made out of plastic. Does it also come with a sippy-cup lid? LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What kind of cocktail shaker do you use? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Metal with a glass that fits inside. It's called a Boston cocktail shaker.
  Re: Re: What kind of cocktail shaker do you use? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

... and a plastic smaller one for the road.

Didn't even know any were made out of plastic. Does it also come with a sippy-cup lid? LOL!

[/blockquote]

Labs I think you need to DUCK! LOL

We brought 1 large metal one with us. Back in ND we have a glass one, and 4 different sizes and era's of cocktail shakers.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What kind of cocktail shaker do you use? by DFen911 (Metal with a glass t...)
Denise, I'm guessing the glass acts as a lid when shaking? Very cool! No leaks, drips, or slips?

The one I'm replacing is glass with a metal lid, that corroded. Plus, the metal lid fit over the glass shaker, so that when you took the lid off, residual liquid ran down the glass shaker....the pour spout was stuck when we resurrected it. It was William's daddy's.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What kind of cocktail shaker do you use? by Gourmet_Mom (Denise, I'm guessing...)
go find your room, Labs... Didn't realize there were so many designs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What kind of cocktail shaker do you use? by cjs (go find your room, L...)
No leaks the glass forms a vacuum. It also gives more space to a better mix when using ice.