Now that I'm out from under my rock..
  Re: (...)
I knew about the Facebook site, but while looking to see if the bean recipe was out on the web I discovered a few things. Did you know C@H:

-has an app for iPad and iPhone?
-can now be purchased digitally with Nook or Nook app?
-has joined pinterest?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Now that I'm out from under my rock.. by Gourmet_Mom (I knew about the Fac...)
huh - be nice if they'd let the forum know these newsworthy events......................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Now that I'm out from under my rock.. by cjs (huh - be nice if the...)
None of that is even mentioned on their home page.

Had they said anything here, in the forum, they would have found out that they need a Kindle version, not just a Nook version. In fact, had they done any homework, at all, they would have discovered that Taste of Home, Simple & Delicious, Vegetarian Times, Everyday Food, Food & Wine, Food Network Magazine, and Saveur are all available for Kindle (albeit some only for the Kindle Fire).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Now that I'm out from under my rock.. by labradors (None of that is even...)
I didn't know about the facebook thing!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Now that I'm out from under my rock.. by Harborwitch (I didn't know about ...)
I could not find an iPhone or iPad app for [Email]C@H.[/Email] The Nook version however can be read on the iPad so that would not matter. You have to subscribe separately to print and digital. For me, that means I would drop the print subscription at the end of the year, which goes ok with the decluttering I am doing. I will spring for one issue first to make sure I like the way it looks.

Fine Cooking has a beautiful iPad interface. With an online subscription you get to read the magazine optimized for the iPad. Gorgeous. Plus you also get access to all their recipes and recipe box if you have one. Gourmet and BA are also optimized for the iPad and you get them free with print subscriptions.

Considering that [Email]C@H[/Email] is one of the more expensive magazines, you'd think they would offer it free. And I am still waiting for [Email]C@H[/Email] to put their recipes online so they can be easily copied to cooking software. They seem to be the only one that does not offer this service.

PS, I just downloaded a lovely app for the iPad called Cooking. It has subs, conversions for high altitude, etc.
  Re: Re: Now that I'm out from under my rock.. by Cubangirl (I could not find an ...)
Now I'm not sure it's for I Phone. Google cuisine at Home eRecipes. When I clicked on that, it gave me the option to add it to my home screen of my iPad. I'm not sure how it works yet. I'll let you know. Right now it's still showing the same recipe as last night.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Now that I'm out from under my rock.. by Gourmet_Mom (Now I'm not sure it'...)
Quote:

Right now it's still showing the same recipe as last night.

The "eRecipes" come out every Thursday, so nothing has changed since last night.
  Re: Re: Now that I'm out from under my rock.. by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That explains that. The eRecipes can also be accessed via their FaceBook page, but there must be a delay. The Pasta Bean salad Jean posted about isn't there.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Now that I'm out from under my rock.. by Gourmet_Mom (That explains that. ...)
Really don't know what all is being said above... but I know I got the recipe from Jeannette's facebook page link to C@H.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Now that I'm out from under my rock.. by cjs (Really don't know wh...)
Not sure about the app you are using and how long it retains previous weeks' recipes, but the pasta recipe was from June 21st. If you only started using the app AFTER that date, it just may never have downloaded the link, in the first place.

HERE is the link as it originally appeared for eRecipes.