What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/2??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're ready for Laura to arrive - she thinks about 4 p.m. - bed's made, log in the fireplace for her.

We're going to play it by ear - She wants to experience different style restaurants on her travels, so we're thinking of taking her to Sabai Thai - wonderful local place. But, if she's tired of eating out, we can graze here. I've got that beautiful smoked salmon and I made sourdough pizza dough day before yesterday, so it would be in the fridge ready to top with something. We won't starve.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/2?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Sounds wonderful I hope you all have a glorious time!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/2?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I can't imagine EVER starving at your house...LOL! Have a great time! Post pictures!

I haven't decided on dinner. I'll hope for inspiration!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/2?? by Gourmet_Mom (I can't imagine EVER...)
I'm going to make the parmesan crusted chicken with sage-butter sauce from the free preview issue.

Roasted yukon golds and a yet to be determined vegetable or salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/2?? by Trixxee (I'm going to make th...)
I'm going to dinner here with my childhood girlfriends. There are six of us and we get together for a girls night out twice a year. Tonight we are going here: http://www.wildmangorestaurant.com/

Ron is going to Holly's for dinner, then to Katie's softball game, so I don't have to cook for him either.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/2?? by Mare749 (I'm going to dinner ...)
WOW! What a menu! I'd have to study it all day to figure out what to order! I can't wait to hear what you think. Hopefully, sharing a number of dishes?
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/2?? by Mare749 (I'm going to dinner ...)
Good Lord, Maryann, what a fun place to go - I got 6 ideas for Small Plates just from looking at the menu.

Why have I not ever rubbed chicken with truffle oil and spinkle with truffle salt and...... (or did I?)

------
Pepsi-cola battered shrimp???????
sweet lime dressing for a Vietnamese salad bowl????

o.k., I'll quit, but be sure to let us know what you all choose.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/2?? by cjs (Good Lord, Maryann, ...)
I wanted to make the bean salad Jean posted or the...alas, no basil.

I wanted to make the BLT salad in the new issue...alas, no basil.

I wanted to make the Chicken Parmesan Burger in the new issue...alas, no basil.

Guess what's on the list to buy when I head to the city later this week?

Anyway, to compromise, I'm doing regular burgers, old fashioned three bean salad, the Bloody Mary Tomato Gratin and the Sangria Sorbet from the new issue.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/2?? by Gourmet_Mom (I wanted to make the...)
Poor Daphne! Just talked to Laura - she's in So. Washington and will be here probably mid-afternoon. And, she's not tired of going out to dinner, so dinner will be at the Thai restaurant we love.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/2?? by cjs (Poor Daphne! Just ta...)
How fun, be sure to raise a glass to all of your buddies here that will be thinking about you guys!