T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/6??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

I have B.B.& Corn salad left, so will work with that. Might check out C@H's Grilling books and do the chicken wings thawing out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/6?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I will probably take Ashley out after work when I go to the city for the stuff for the reception.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/6?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
All of this discussion of pizza has me thinking . . . I have brisket, red onion, some Mr. Stubbs, some corn, . . . I think I'll whip up the dough before I go to work and have Bob grab some cheese when he goes to town. Hmmmmmmm!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/6?? by Harborwitch (All of this discussi...)
I've been wanting to make some chicken wings too - I know they are on sale for 99 cents a pound right now.

Today is my husband's 55th birthday. We are going to Outback tonight - just the three of us.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/6?? by Trixxee (I've been wanting to...)
Quote:

on sale for 99 cents a pound

I'd be buying up everything I could! They are usually almost $4.00 lb here. But, I thawed chicken wings yesterday. Not sure what rub I'll use.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/6?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
I'm going with C@H's citrus chix wing recipe from Grilling book, #II, I guess. Can't keep the editions straight...We loved that one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/6?? by cjs (I'm going with [url=...)
Jean, isn't that the one where they skewered them? We loved that one. I've been waiting for them to go on sale here.

Trixxee, I'm with Lorraine. Buy, buy, buy!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/6?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, isn't that the...)
I'll head to the store in a bit then! Can you believe I've never cooked wings before?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/6?? by Trixxee (I'll head to the sto...)
Seriously? You're in for a real treat! Are you going to fry, bake, or grill? If grilling, check out the recipe Jean is using. The glaze is tasty, but if you want, you could use a regular basting of hot sauce with butter mixed in. (That's what i'm going to do next time.) But the use of the skewers is what's ingenious with that recipe.
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 7/6?? by Trixxee (I'll head to the sto...)
WINGS??? Wonderful---always a favorite here

I do a soy, orange and garlic/ginger sauce as a marinade---so tasty and easy!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy