What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/9??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have LEFTOVERS so don't know what we'll have yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/9?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
My pizzas were moved to today!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (My pizzas were moved...)
I think I have you all beat on leftovers. We had an event at the winery this weekend, but, for some reason, not may folks wanted to come have a picnic when it was 105 outside. Here's what I'm dealing with:
1/2 a whole pork loin
6 grilled tuna steaks
2 big bags of lettuce
1 big bag of spinach
3 Herbes de Provence roasted chicken
3 bags of grapes
2 watermelons
1 dozen hard cooked eggs
Aiolli
Lots of very small steamed red potatoes, some plain, some in a vinaigrette
The list goes on, and on, and on.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/9?? by Lorraine (I think I have you a...)
Well I am finally back home. I made a Chow Mein Casserole last night, then I slept for 12 hours.

Still feels like I am on vacation, my kids are in day camp for the next three weeks! All... day... long...

I have orders to catch up on since I was gone and have to get that under control. But now I know I will have some money to pay for all the wine I purchased on my trip. You guys out there on the west coast have no idea how lucky you are to have wineries EVERYWHERE! What a treat that was.

Jean's pizza's are inspiring me to do a pizza tonight, maybe even on the grill. I still have to get aclimated. I feel a bit like a fish out of water.

I also have some tuna I canned with my friend in Oregon. So a tuna tetrazzini will be in order.

BTW Jean - When I got back to my friend's in Redmond on Thursday, they had made a tuna casserole with the canned tuna and it was WONDERFUL! What a difference between the stuff you get in the store and the home-canned stuff!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/9?? by luvnit (Well I am finally ba...)
Not sure, but pizza does sound good Where's that recipe with the zucchini on the pizza?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/9?? by farnfam (Not sure, but pizza ...)
I'm looking around the net for a chicken breast idea. I have some asparagus. That's as far as I've gotten.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/9?? by farnfam (Not sure, but pizza ...)
I'm doing the Asian Pork Satays from Cuisine Tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/9?? by Mare749 (I'm doing the Asian ...)
Good idea for the tuna, Laura - got to get on this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/9?? by cjs (Good idea for the tu...)
Jean posted a Food and Wine link for one on FaceBook, Cis. I looked to see if she posted it here, but I didn't see it. If you don't find it on FB, I'll post a link for you.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean posted a Food a...)
uhhh, I don't remember.... hep me Daphne.
www.achefsjourney.com