What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/11??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Roy picked up some short ribs from the 'bargain bin' the other day, so I braised them yesterday and we'll have them with some noodles today. Not a summer dish, but I didn't want to start filling the freezer again, so I'm using as we buy!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/11?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Chicken stuffed with goat cheese and basil. Sauteed spinach and a starch - maybe the San Francisco treat.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/11?? by Trixxee (Chicken stuffed with...)
Quote:

Chicken stuffed with goat cheese and basil. Sauteed spinach and a starch - maybe the San Francisco treat.

That's one of my favorites, especially if I wrap it with prosciutto. Yum!

I went to the farmer's market and picked up some bratwurst, honey mustard, and pretzel buns, among other things, so that's what we're having. If we don't get thunderstorms again, I'll grill the sausages.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/11?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Karyn, have you ever done Jean's Beer Brats? Sooooooo good!

I'm undecided. I want to text William to get some seafood, but that would send him into the middle of the movie craziness. I'm not even sure if the Potters are even able to use their boats to go out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/11?? by Gourmet_Mom (Karyn, have you ever...)
James is working late and only wants something light when he gets home at 8pm. But I can't think of anything
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/11?? by farnfam (James is working lat...)
Cis, quesadillas are my go to for a light, late dinner.

Karyn - how funny, I saw a big bag of Pretzel slider buns at Costco and picked them up. We were going to have them last night, but........anxious to taste them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/11?? by cjs (Cis, quesadillas are...)
Quote:

Karyn - how funny, I saw a big bag of Pretzel slider buns at Costco and picked them up. We were going to have them last night, but........anxious to taste them.

Let me know how you like preztel buns. Our store is carrying them now and I haven't tried them yet!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/11?? by farnfam (James is working lat...)
Quote:

James is working late and only wants something light when he gets home at 8pm. But I can't think of anything

Cis, do you have any chicken breasts handy? Marinade it in some Italian dressing for a while, then into the convection oven. Make a nice salad and top with slices of chicken. Add your own variations. Ron loves this.

We're doing pizza on the grill and tossed salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/11?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks for the ideas! I do have some nice sized chix thighs, and some salad things I need to use before camping ( this weekend yay). So your idea is going to work out great, Maryann.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/11?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Pizza on the grill here to Maryann! No salad though, all the greens will be on the pizza

Going to try a [b] sausage, spinach, garlic, and wild rice pizza[b/]. Will let you know how it turns out. (For those interested)
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura