Baja Fish Taco Salad review.
  Re: (...)
Cuisine at Home, issue #91 page 17

The only changes that I made was to use Cod in lieu of Tilapia and omitted the cucumber, other then that, it's cooked per the recipe and it is so delicious. Don't be turned off by the cornmeal crust, I know some people are a little fussy with it, but with the spices added to it, home run! The Creamy jalapeno dressing is so delicious. This is a keeper.

[Image: Bajafishtacosalad2.jpg]
  Re: Baja Fish Taco Salad review. by losblanos1 (Cuisine at Home, iss...)
That is so yummy looking! I love a taco salad! And I love fried fish! I'll probably sub catfish, but I WILL make this. Thanks for the review, Blane.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Baja Fish Taco Salad review. by Gourmet_Mom (That is so yummy loo...)
Looks delicious! Dressing and fish look great. And there's even some mexican asparagus in the background!
  Re: Re: Baja Fish Taco Salad review. by Trixxee (Looks delicious! Dr...)
Wow, looks so good - I'm with you, Daphne - of course. My favorite fish catfish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Baja Fish Taco Salad review. by cjs (Wow, looks so good -...)
I'm still waiting for that issue (I WILL NOT WHINE!!!! )

There is another fish taco recipe in a previous issue that is to die for---I will see if I can find the issue etc.---This one looks great, as well. You are soooo right---the cornmeal would definitely have turned me away...thanks for the encouragement, Blane!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Baja Fish Taco Salad review. by Roxanne 21 (I'm still waiting fo...)
I just had a flashback. I remember my MIL using cracker meal instead of corn meal?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Baja Fish Taco Salad review. by Gourmet_Mom (I just had a flashba...)
cracker meal - wow, I used to use that a hundred years ago.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Baja Fish Taco Salad review. by cjs (cracker meal - wow, ...)
Gorgeous photo Blane! Your photos are always so breathtaking. What kind of camera do you use?

Ah, what's cracker meal ladies?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Baja Fish Taco Salad review. by luvnit (Gorgeous photo Blane...)
Thank you Laura, my camera is a Canon Powershot Elph (a point & shoot type of camera). It has a digital macro setting that allows me to get close up and I never use a flash.
  Re: Re: Baja Fish Taco Salad review. by losblanos1 (Thank you Laura, my ...)
Think fine ground crackers, Laura.
Daphne